Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Birthday today, and getting a new Macbook Air :D:cheers:

Happy birthday!!!!!

MacBook for your birthday?! **** hell, what you getting for Christmas? A car? Lucky bar steward :winkold:

Enjoy your day mate :birthday: :cheers:

Getting a job offer before I had to go for a second interview, as they apparently liked me so much that a second interview isn't necessary (although they have given me the option to meet the team before I accept). Those who have seen my post in the "Things that piss you off but shouldn't" thread will know how much satisfaction it will give me to hand my notice in to my current boss next week.

Right, I'm off for celebratory drinks.

Congrats GeorgeVilla82

On the same theme, my father who got made redundant a few weeks ago after working for the same company for 38 years had an interview today for a new job. Got offered the job on the spot. Delighted for him as he thought at the age of 61 he would be on the scrapheap.

Went down to the canteen at work, to discover that today, they were offering a roast turkey baguette, with gravy and cranberry sauce and stuffing, carved in front off you.

This genuinely made my day, it was **** incredible. And highly edible. Best lunch ever.

My new school cheers me up. It's 5 minutes walk from my house and if my first lesson in my timetable starts at 11 I can roll in at ten to. The benefits of not having to travel for an hour each way and the relaxed time rules means I'm much less stressed and tired.

Went down to the canteen at work, to discover that today, they were offering a roast turkey baguette, with gravy and cranberry sauce and stuffing, carved in front off you.

This genuinely made my day, it was **** incredible. And highly edible. Best lunch ever.

Definitely something to give thanks for.

Philip Larkin.

Just watched a wee documentary on youtube in which Betjeman visited him in 'ull. Betjeman mentioned reading the poem 'Here' to a crowd of 'Hull people', and told how there were tears in some eyes by the end, caused by the beauty of the poem, and how the crowd asked 'Who is this man? He must come see us'. Larkin responded a wry smile and said 'Another evening gone.'

They don't make 'em like they used to.

Â