Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Finding something you'd thought was lost forever.

Not too profound, it was a battery charger that re-juices regular alkaline batteries.

It was under a cupboard.

Good feeling that.

Yep, my mate Joe found some old gig posters today, one of them was a gig I Dj'ed with John Peel anther was a gig in Leningrad where my name was added to the poster because they thought I was in the band, not realising I was the Tour Manager :D

Great to know they still exist

Birthday is on Sunday, going to be 21 years young. Getting me through this week :P

Ahhhh the joys of the 21st birthday, getting pulled out of the selly oak canal by your mates and the police after getting shitfaced and deciding 3 in the morning is the perfect time for a dip, then getting a free taxi ride home in a panda car.

A four figure tax refund from HMRC :-)

Nice! I had a £350 rebate in this months pay packet :-)

Everyone I know seems to have had a tax rebate at some point.

I've never had one!

A nice surprise rebate some time soon would be very welcome!!

There are certain rebates that you have to apply for in order to get them (over here anyway). I recently applied to get tax back on B.I.K. I was paying for health insurance I was getting through where I work. If I hadn't applied for it I wouldn't have gotten it (~€900). Plus you can only go back so far, so because I waited 'til 2012 I could only go back to '08 thru '11 inclusive :?

Birthday is on Sunday, going to be 21 years young. Getting me through this week :P

Ahhhh the joys of the 21st birthday, getting pulled out of the selly oak canal by your mates and the police after getting shitfaced and deciding 3 in the morning is the perfect time for a dip, then getting a free taxi ride home in a panda car.

Hah, doubt mine will be filled with that much drama..

But I'm treating the very first time I got to Vegas as my real 21'st anyway ;)

deciding 3 in the morning is the perfect time for a dip

A lot of headlines have been written about blokes who did that.

Ohhh, partial quoting; and to think I left my red card at home today :P

You're off form today Mike. That's the 2nd time you've slightly (and worryingly I think genuinely) subtly missed what I was arriving at with a post. Not like you at all :)

You're off form today Mike. That's the 2nd time you've slightly (and worryingly I think genuinely) subtly missed what I was arriving at with a post. Not like you at all :)
Ah, but maybe you subtly missed what I was getting at...? :lol:

Â