Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

• VT Supporter

I think “Ghost Town” is an “important” song, for want of a better word. It certainly encapsulates that time, whether that was the case at the time or whether it’s more retrospectively I couldn’t say. So I have fair amount of respect for it.

I don’t really ever find myself wanting to listen to it. If it comes on the radio, fine, happy to hear it. But I’d sooner put on “too much too young”.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think “Ghost Town” is an “important” song, for want of a better word. It certainly encapsulates that time, whether that was the case at the time or whether it’s more retrospectively I couldn’t say. So I have fair amount of respect for it.

I don’t really ever find myself wanting to listen to it. If it comes on the radio, fine, happy to hear it. But I’d sooner put on “too much too young”.

A better song for sure but there is something hugely atmospheric about Ghost Town that whisks you away.  Reminds me of That's Entertainment in that regards. 

56 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Having been fairly vocal in my frustrations over not being able to watch live football, imagine my joy when learning last night that they’ve increased the maximum fans allowed in Oslo to 600 and learning today that I’ve been given a ticket for a game tonight.  

I’ve quit watching football altogether. I’ve always been a club over country type of fan anyway , but I have zero interest in watching England or any other national team . Can’t remember the last villa game I watched. I’m done with footy, it won’t get anymore of my ££££ until things improve for the match going fan. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not sure if this is one for the cheer you up or piss you off thread. I haven’t watched a football being kicked for many years. Not the last world cup or the euros if memory serves. My grandson got in from school and asked if he can stay up and watch the england match with me on Friday. May have to acquaint myself with some footballers. Heskey is still playing for England right?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Not sure if this is one for the cheer you up or piss you off thread. I haven’t watched a football being kicked for many years. Not the last world cup or the euros if memory serves. My grandson got in from school and asked if he can stay up and watch the england match with me on Friday. May have to acquaint myself with some footballers. Heskey is still playing for England right?

You don’t watch the Villa?

18 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

You don’t watch the Villa?

I come here for the bants. I got turned off football a while back and its never won me back. Its not an exaggeration I am just no longer interested, sadly. 

• Sad 4

• VT Supporter
17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Came here for the lovely ladies thread, stayed for the wide range of political viewpoints and acceptance of varied musical tastes 

Fixed that for you 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

Came here for the footie, stayed for the wide range of political viewpoints and acceptance of varied musical tastes 

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Some VIlla fans appear to be convinced he's the manager right now

• Haha 1

Radio 5 this morning on the school run ....  now lets talk about the Euros

Jack Grealish snippets of an interview with Micah Richards and the usual discussions about when will he start   .. Followed by an interview with John McGinn ..followed by  some talent spotter talking about Tyrone Mings

other clubs may be available , just not newsworthy

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Seat68 said:

You don't need to, just yell and scream for this handsome chap to be brought on and then yell and scream even more when he inevitably isn't...

Jack Grealish makes 'best mates' claim about Manchester United and  Manchester City foes - Birmingham Live

You'll be extra convincing as both an England and Villa fan in one go.

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â