Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

While for some, Kamen might be the definitive sexy man in jeans and would cry heresy at any other suggestion; personally, I always think of this advert -

Another song that got to number 1 off a jeans advert. Inside by scotch band Stiltskin. 

• Like 2

I have been calling scammers in India a bit more lately if I am bored (Always free and always safe)

I am trying to combine the themes and basic structure of "History today" but in a strong Birmingham accent.

I fell off my chair laughing over the weekend,  eventually they recognise my voice 😲

19 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

While for some, Kamen might be the definitive sexy man in jeans and would cry heresy at any other suggestion; personally, I always think of this advert -

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Another song that got to number 1 off a jeans advert. Inside by scotch band Stiltskin. 

Is my memory correct that they chose that song because it sounded just like a Nirvana by numbers? (Can't listen at work right now)

Ah yes, 80’s Levi’s. Expensive. But nowhere near as expensive as Fiorucci.

It was about a week’s wages for a pair of Fiorucci, and then I’d cut the label off so only people that recognised the pocket stitching pattern would know what they were and be honour bound to compliment me.

For reference, I am now wearing a pair of trousers from Lidl, £4.99. Bloody comfy too.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Ah yes, 80’s Levi’s. Expensive. But nowhere near as expensive as Fiorucci.

It was about a week’s wages for a pair of Fiorucci, and then I’d cut the label off so only people that recognised the pocket stitching pattern would know what they were and be honour bound to compliment me.

For reference, I am now wearing a pair of trousers from Lidl, £4.99. Bloody comfy too.

Anyone remember "Farah" trousers for school.  Middle 80's in Brum?

Had a little yellow label.  

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is my memory correct that they chose that song because it sounded just like a Nirvana by numbers? (Can't listen at work right now)

Thats it in a nutshell. Its a pop nirvana rip off. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I have a pair for work. They can’t be worn presently as they are from 2 sizes ago. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Yes, absolutely essential. There was a cheaper brand however (Pun or something) that you had to have if your parents wouldn't splash out on Farah). Then you would go out at night in your Cosmic Stretch jeans or baggy Pepe jeans depending on if it was pre or post 1985.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Farah were for the posh kids .. I had Winfield school trousers

If i recall , Farah were a strange design , kinda flares but not the full 70's flares , seem to recall i didn' like them anyway

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I always think of this advert

Oh, there was one with a stupid-hot bikini chick trying to steal a dudes Levis on the beach only to be thwarted by a pint-sized dog. Genesis had a spoof on it in the I cant dance video as well.

edit: Found it. Still WOULD!!!!

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Farah make boxers currently. I know because I own some, and I’d never heard of them before.

Brings a whole new meaning to the trade mark Action Slacks

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Farah make boxers currently. I know because I own some, and I’d never heard of them before.

one for the "piss you off thread" but i spent 40 minutes the other week reading reviews on Amazon for poxy boxer shorts

in the good old days , i'd walk in Next / Debenhams or wherever , find my size and head for the tills , job dune in about 30 seconds  ... with  online shopping making life easy  ,after 40 mins of looking at reviews  i settled on some bamboo boxer shorts , they haven't made me more attractive to women , made me find a cure for cancer or raised my IQ 6 points as  the reviews on Amazon claimed , but equally they haven't got a hole in the crack region after a few wears either .. so it was  time well spent I guess 

Edited by tonyh29
meh - fat fingers
  • Haha 2

Â