Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Total pissed off anger from one poster, Not the reaction of somebody who expected the result So sorry I do not agree with your any comment. Pointless argument anyway it is what it is

Being angry does not equate to being shocked. It can do. But it’s not a given. 

I suspect the post match thread tomorrow will be a fairly good example of that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Being angry does not equate to being shocked. It can do. But it’s not a given. 

I suspect the post match thread tomorrow will be a fairly good example of that.

So it can do but it’s not a given could possibly mean I was right. Thanks

7 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

So it can do but it’s not a given could possibly mean I was right. Thanks

Ask the poster who you are referring to to confirm. Then you’ll know for certain.

Interesting that it was originally “the reaction” on here, hinting that it was widespread shock among VT posters. Now it’s a SINGLE angry comment who you are uncertain as to whether they may have been shocked.

So much for your assertion of VT being “shocked” about the Hartlepool result.

The poster may have been me. 

I suspected that a Tory win was likely. 

I hoped that I might be wrong. 

I was not surprised by the result, but I was still very disappointed, and yes, angry. Still am. 

Does that help? 

The media knew it wasn't a shock, but they used the word because it emphasised their anti-Labour agenda. Focusing on Labour's failings is an easy win, and avoids having to talk about the shambolic moral vacuum that is the present government. 

We're in the wrong thread. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Thanks 1

I think everyone knew it was coming. It’s still depressing though and as a non Tory who wants the best for everyone it angers me greatly. 

On 08/05/2021 at 13:41, Brumerican said:

"Have a look at this! Have a look at this! It's an absolutely superb prize. Have a look at it. Watch it."

"Richard's gone for those jeans, which go down well in launderettes"

:D just what every teenager wants

"Ey mam! get me some new jeans will ya? And make sure they're ones that go down well in launderettes!"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"Richard's gone for those jeans, which go down well in launderettes"

:D just what every teenager wants

"Ey mam! get me some new jeans will ya? And make sure they're ones that go down well in launderettes!"

A Nick Kamen reference? 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I think it's gone over some heads. 

Younger heads ;)

For obvious reasons I was only reading about Kamen the other day.

Despite that recent news, I still read Mike’s post and my immediate thought was “Who the **** is Nick Kamen?”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I have no idea who Nick Kamen is

Without the kids wanting Jean's that go down well in Launderettes Levis would arguably not be half the brand it is now. Possibly the most successful TV advert of all time, certainly one of them. 

Edited by sidcow

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I have no idea who Nick Kamen is

Back end of the 80s there was a high quota of oldies records charting and 9 times out if 10 that was because they were used in adverts. One company that was very much responsible for this was Levis and their ads. Levis ads were fairly well known and almost as big a deal as a Christmas John Lewis ad. One such ad had a ridiculously good looking male model strip off his jeans in a launderette, it was very famous and as a result made the male model famous, Nick Kamen. He had a hit record as a result and became linked to Madonna. Very much a person of the time. 

Â