Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Ringo story aside, what really cheered me up was the fact that they're all still alive, look in pretty good shape, and are still in touch with each other. 

• Like 3

They’ve changed the shape of the Activia yogurt pot.

Previously, if you ate two, you had to sort of scrunch one inside the other as they were cylindrical. the new ones are a slight taper, a slight cone shape, if you will. So now they slot neatly one in to the other. Minimising the space taken up in the plastic recycling tray.

Very happy with that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They’ve changed the shape of the Activia yogurt pot.

Previously, if you ate two, you had to sort of scrunch one inside the other as they were cylindrical. the new ones are a slight taper, a slight cone shape, if you will. So now they slot neatly one in to the other. Minimising the space taken up in the plastic recycling tray.

Very happy with that. 

The boring thread’s over that way, mate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, blandy said:

The boring thread’s over that way, mate.

Boring?

You should see my happy little face!

It’s going to revolutionise my midnight snacking routine.

You sir, have a very low boredom threshold if yogurt pot design development fails to ignite a little spark of something inside you.

I may pen them a congratutory tweet.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Boring?

You should see my happy little face!

It’s going to revolutionise my midnight snacking routine.

You sir, have a very low boredom threshold if yogurt pot design development fails to ignite a little spark of something inside you.

I may pen them a congratutory tweet.

Let me drop some recycling street knowledge on you. Foil, milk bottle tops, viscount biscuit wrappers, tops from tins of coffee etc. Start a ball of the foil and add foil to it. That way little bits of foil can be recycled. 
Yeah you ****. This is what middle age looks like. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Let me drop some recycling street knowledge on you. Foil, milk bottle tops, viscount biscuit wrappers, tops from tins of coffee etc. Start a ball of the foil and add foil to it. That way little bits of foil can be recycled. 

Well I’ll have to run this by the council recycling team first but it sounds good.

We have excellent recycling stats around here, UK leading levels of recycling, partly through a programme of public awareness and partly through Sam the Sticker Man who goes around in advance of the recycling truck, checking the bags and sticking a big red sticker on anything containing a non-compliance.

Just lobbing a ball of foil in the plastics and tins bag (one blue bag allowed every week) could get this house its first red sticker. I’ll get my people to check it out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well I’ll have to run this by the council recycling team first but it sounds good.

We have excellent recycling stats around here, UK leading levels of recycling, partly through a programme of public awareness and partly through Sam the Sticker Man who goes around in advance of the recycling truck, checking the bags and sticking a big red sticker on anything containing a non-compliance.

Just lobbing a ball of foil in the plastics and tins bag (one blue bag allowed every week) could get this house its first red sticker. I’ll get my people to check it out.

Thank  Eff we don't have to do that separating nonsense anymore. 1 Wheelie Bin (Grey) for Non-recyclables every fortnight, 1 Wheelie Bin for recyclables (Brown) the following week. Plus One Green garden refuse  Wheelie Bin every month. Much sodding simpler than when we had to do all that separating nonsense.

We have a bag for card, green bin for general waste, blue bin for recyclables, a brown bin for garden waste and my wife has a separate bin that she takes to a local place that recycles stuff the council don’t. She also weaves from hamster fur and eats dung. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Middle age?  Aren't you 50? 

You planning to live to 100 are ya? 

:P  

Middle age is 40! 

:trollface:

• Haha 1

7 different bags and containers here, some such as food waste go out every week, some such as non-recyclable and garden waste alternate with each other.

We’ve got the non-recyclable down to about half a bin bag a fortnight.

Food waste we’ve got down to half a small bag a week, the rest we compost.

Why the hell isn't recycling standardised across what is only a small country? Every bloody local authority is different.

Leeds: Plastics (types 1, 2 and 4 only), card and tins all go, unsorted, into the green bin. Garbage in the black bin. Garden waste in the brown. No glass collection. 

Bradford (right next door): Plastics and card in the black bin. Garbage in the green bin. Blue bin for glass. No garden bin. 

It's a shambles. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Every bloody local authority is different.

It's even worse than that, its actually different in our authority depending on where you live!

There's wheelie bin areas and bag areas. In the bag areas you get delivered 26 bags per yer and one hessian sack (for recyclables). You can only put your rubbish in an official bag or sack. The bags and sacks have nowhere near the capacity of a Wheelie Bin. If you are in a bag area, you have to request a garden refuse collection

Are Birmingham still only collecting bags or have they finally moved to Wheelie Bins?

It was like moving to a different country on bin day when we moved over the border to Solihull.  No rubbish strewn across the street every morning by scavaging foxes.

Edited by sidcow

48 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Why the hell isn't recycling standardised across what is only a small country? Every bloody local authority is different.

Leeds: Plastics (types 1, 2 and 4 only), card and tins all go, unsorted, into the green bin. Garbage in the black bin. Garden waste in the brown. 

Bradford (right next door): Plastics and card in the black bin. Garbage in the green bin. Blue bin for glass. No garden bin. 

It's a shambles. 

Everything bad in local government is Eric Pickles' fault.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Leeds: Plastics (types 1, 2 and 4 only), card and tins all go, unsorted, into the green bin. Garbage in the black bin. Garden waste in the brown. No glass collection. 

It's a shambles. 

We got a bit of a telling of when we moved from Leeds to Bradford and didn't realise they'd swapped the colours of the bins over. Silly us thinking green was for recycling and putting our general waste in the black bin. 

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

We got a bit of a telling of when we moved from Leeds to Bradford and didn't realise they'd swapped the colours of the bins over. Silly us thinking green was for recycling and putting our general waste in the black bin. 

Exactly this! Apart from being different, it's totally counterintuitive. 

(Although why anybody would choose to move from Leeds to Bradford is itself a mystery). 

Edited by mjmooney

Â