Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

21 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I started my new job on Monday having accepted their original offer, got an email today saying they're going to pay me an extra £2200 a year.  I didn't ask for it, nuts that they just decided to give me extra money like that.  Plus one of my best mates is joining in January, after a depressing couple of months with the old place screwing me over it feels great to be treated like that.

Brilliant :thumb:

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I started my new job on Monday having accepted their original offer, got an email today saying they're going to pay me an extra £2200 a year.  I didn't ask for it, nuts that they just decided to give me extra money like that.  Plus one of my best mates is joining in January, after a depressing couple of months with the old place screwing me over it feels great to be treated like that.

I remember when I started my job in the middle of October, on the 1st of November I was included in the company wide 5% payrise. That was an unexpected bonus!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

We have a google mini in the kitchen. The missus was in there doing tea last night and I walked in and she was playing Q***n

I said as a joke "Hey Google, don't play this shit again"

"OK I won't play this song again"

Missus, fuming 🤣

I've made a habit of saying "BELAY THAT ORDER" in my sternest, Jean-Luc Picard voice anytime my wife asks Alexa to do anything.  It works, too.  It's a miracle I'm still married at this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I find there is resentment too. The missus will be in the living room sometimes feeding the baby. I'll have the echo on in the kitchen washing up, loading up the dishwasher or loading/unloading the washing machine. 

"Look at you having fun in here while I'm with the kids" 

I'll just just 'kin leave it all to mount up then, shall I?!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

A friend and I got stalked by a sheep once . . . she followed us for honestly about half a mile, always at a distance. Very disconcerting.

They do that sometimes. 

Out walking in the Dales once, I got faced down on a narrow footpath by... a lamb. I have to hand it to the little feller, he had some chutzpah. Had a good go at headbutting me. I picked him up and moved him out of the way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

A friend and I got stalked by a sheep once . . . she followed us for honestly about half a mile, always at a distance. Very disconcerting.

I had a similar experience in Swazi. Stayed in a wee tented village in the middle of nowhere (which is most of Swaziland tbf). We came back late after some liquid refreshment one night and our tents were surrounded by goats. Somewhat emboldened by the evening, I decided to be the biggest man and shoo them away. They didn’t budge. I thought the next best course of action was to find the biggest one and forcibly remove him. Big mistake. I spent the next ten minutes being head butted by one goat after another. Don’t mess with livestock. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

I had a similar experience in Swazi. Stayed in a wee tented village in the middle of nowhere (which is most of Swaziland tbf). We came back late after some liquid refreshment one night and our tents were surrounded by goats. Somewhat emboldened by the evening, I decided to be the biggest man and shoo them away. They didn’t budge. I thought the next best course of action was to find the biggest one and forcibly remove him. Big mistake. I spent the next ten minutes being head butted by one goat after another. Don’t mess with livestock. 

Honestly, that sounds terrifying.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Honestly, that sounds terrifying.

Most of the group I was in were a little worried. I was rather under the influence so I don’t think I took it as seriously as I might have done. 

• Like 1

Â