Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I wanna see you’re face when you open the first one and it’s a sea salt and mist scented candle.

:crylaugh:

Here's the first two

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

I have been reunited with my turntable. I wasithout it for a whole day. It just not being in the correct place was annoying me.

Could have fixed the issue myself if it hadn't been for those two pesky screws

• Like 1

Thanks to Megan Louise, Disco and everyone involved at the YMCA's Y Streetball BBQ for having me and a great day out.

Y Streetball: Building a sense of belonging for those who need it most.

It’s no secret that team sports provide more benefits than just the physical. Being part of a team creates a sense of belonging to something bigger than oneself.

Unfortunately, it is often the case that those who need this sense of belonging most are the ones who can afford it least.

Y Streetball is a fun, welcoming and free basketball program for those experiencing homelessness, disadvantage, or disability in the community.

Feel free to get involved or to put the word out to anyone interested. You might make someone's day.

All the best.

Y Street.jpg

• Like 4
  • VT Supporter

Professor Alice Roberts.

Takes another place in my fantasy teaching line up alongside Dr Hannah Fry (maths), Alex Scott (PE), and Christina & Natasha from the antiques road trip (erm...antiques).

• Like 1

• VT Supporter
16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I was listening to a Peel Session earlier from 2001 and my name popped up as a dedication. I messaged a friend and he vaguely remembers contacting the show at the time to dedicate the track to me. I hear it randomly on Youtube 19 years later. 

I've only had a record dedication on a radio show once. My mum sent one in to Childrens' Favourites for my birthday (I guess I was about six or seven). 

I slept through it. 

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I was listening to a Peel Session earlier from 2001 and my name popped up as a dedication. I messaged a friend and he vaguely remembers contacting the show at the time to dedicate the track to me. I hear it randomly on Youtube 19 years later. 

I once got a woof woof from Arnold off the radio   .... 

in radio shout out top trumps ,  I win   :)

• Haha 1

Went on Autotrader last night... just to try and get an idea of what my car is worth... mildly pondering whether to change it in 2021. I looked for identical models in terms of year/engine/spec/mileage and was pleasantly surprised by the results. Seems its worth about £2k or so more than when I last checked about 18 months ago. Excellent. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've only had a record dedication on a radio show once. My mum sent one in to Childrens' Favourites for my birthday (I guess I was about six or seven). 

I slept through it. 

We were on our way back from a week-long bender in Newquay in the car and got a shout-out on Classic FM (we were listening to Classic because it was lovely and soothing after what felt like a month on the lash)

Edited by theunderstudy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hasn’t she ran out of ex-boyfriends to write songs about yet?

Singer writes songs about love. As she is female its tales of a huge amount of ex boyfriends. For reference her boyfriend has been with her for about 3 or 4 years and her songs have been on a variety of subjects. But you know, ex boyfriends. 

• Haha 1
  • VT Supporter
Just now, Seat68 said:

Singer writes songs about love. As she is female its tales of a huge amount of ex boyfriends. For reference her boyfriend has been with her for about 3 or 4 years and her songs have been on a variety of subjects. But you know, ex boyfriends. 

Now I’m starting to think you were being serious about her imminent album making you happy... 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Now I’m starting to think you were being serious about her imminent album making you happy... 

Absolutely. Without question a fan. I am a fan of pop music as well as other forms of music and Taylor Swift in particular. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 3
48 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hasn’t she ran out of ex-boyfriends to write songs about yet?

Reminds me of when she broke up with Calvin Harris in 2016 and he released the single 'Baggy Fanny'.

• Haha 2

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â