Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Ordered an UGG care kit for the missus, £12, to go with some new boots I’ve bought her for Christmas. It was delivered today, opened the box to find a brand new pair of £200 boots. No care kit. I checked the emails and my bank, I’ve definitely only been charged £12, and the order shows that the care kit was delivered. 

Unfortunately they’re the wrong size for her, so they’ll go on eBay instead. I could return them, but where’s the fun in that?

Commentator on BBC’s coverage of Stevenage vs Hull doing some of the best Partridge I’ve heard in a while.

Stand out examples include:

”it’s King Arthur stuff here for Stevenage, except it’s not the round table, it’s the third round!”

followed during the 7th round of penalties by

”well, I have to start another sheet of paper here, I hadn’t accounted for so many penalties, but we are where we are”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Commentator on BBC’s coverage of Stevenage vs Hull doing some of the best Partridge I’ve heard in a while.

Stand out examples include:

”it’s King Arthur stuff here for Stevenage, except it’s not the round table, it’s the third round!”

followed during the 7th round of penalties by

”well, I have to start another sheet of paper here, I hadn’t accounted for so many penalties, but we are where we are”

A few years ago, when Emley went a long way in the Cup, and got a live BBC1 game, I was really disappointed that they didn't use Pink Floyd's "See 'Emley' Play" ("Three games from May...") 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I wanna see you’re face when you open the first one and it’s a sea salt and mist scented candle.

:crylaugh:

Here's the first two

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

I have been reunited with my turntable. I wasithout it for a whole day. It just not being in the correct place was annoying me.

Could have fixed the issue myself if it hadn't been for those two pesky screws

• Like 1

Thanks to Megan Louise, Disco and everyone involved at the YMCA's Y Streetball BBQ for having me and a great day out.

Y Streetball: Building a sense of belonging for those who need it most.

It’s no secret that team sports provide more benefits than just the physical. Being part of a team creates a sense of belonging to something bigger than oneself.

Unfortunately, it is often the case that those who need this sense of belonging most are the ones who can afford it least.

Y Streetball is a fun, welcoming and free basketball program for those experiencing homelessness, disadvantage, or disability in the community.

Feel free to get involved or to put the word out to anyone interested. You might make someone's day.

All the best.

Y Street.jpg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I was listening to a Peel Session earlier from 2001 and my name popped up as a dedication. I messaged a friend and he vaguely remembers contacting the show at the time to dedicate the track to me. I hear it randomly on Youtube 19 years later. 

I've only had a record dedication on a radio show once. My mum sent one in to Childrens' Favourites for my birthday (I guess I was about six or seven). 

I slept through it. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I was listening to a Peel Session earlier from 2001 and my name popped up as a dedication. I messaged a friend and he vaguely remembers contacting the show at the time to dedicate the track to me. I hear it randomly on Youtube 19 years later. 

I once got a woof woof from Arnold off the radio   .... 

in radio shout out top trumps ,  I win   :)

• Haha 1

Went on Autotrader last night... just to try and get an idea of what my car is worth... mildly pondering whether to change it in 2021. I looked for identical models in terms of year/engine/spec/mileage and was pleasantly surprised by the results. Seems its worth about £2k or so more than when I last checked about 18 months ago. Excellent. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've only had a record dedication on a radio show once. My mum sent one in to Childrens' Favourites for my birthday (I guess I was about six or seven). 

I slept through it. 

We were on our way back from a week-long bender in Newquay in the car and got a shout-out on Classic FM (we were listening to Classic because it was lovely and soothing after what felt like a month on the lash)

Edited by theunderstudy
  • Like 1

Â