Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I’ve just said something so ridiculously inappropriate on a family group chat that I’ve closed it and now I’m sat here literally laughing to myself with a stupid beaming smile on my face.

I think maybe I’m very tired.

update: I’ve had something of a bollocking from my work from home co-worker

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 1

• VT Supporter
41 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve just said something so ridiculously inappropriate on a family group chat that I’ve closed it and now I’m sat here literally laughing to myself with a stupid beaming smile on my face.

I think maybe I’m very tired.

update: I’ve had something of a bollocking from my work from home co-worker

You’re gonna have to tell us what you said...

50523616066_70059c00aa_n.jpg

A proper ‘social’ day. It felt like everyone was out and about having a walk. Met people I haven’t seen in months. Funniest 4 or 5 miles ever, it took hours!

But this is me in a castle, hiding from someone I didn’t want to say hello to.

Absolutely pissing it down.

• Haha 1

Driving down the M6 earlier in the heavy rain, I'm doing about 65 in the inside lane and taking it steady and then a car speeds past me - a 1971 mexico brown Rover P6 V8, with an old boy at the wheel giving it some beans! Brilliant. 

Had a quick look at the cars online records and its only done about 55k miles. Cracking condition.

Sort of car I imagine @rjw63 would approve of. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Driving down the M6 earlier in the heavy rain, I'm doing about 65 in the inside lane and taking it steady and then a car speeds past me - a 1971 mexico brown Rover P6 V8, with an old boy at the wheel giving it some beans! Brilliant. 

Had a quick look at the cars online records and its only done about 55k miles. Cracking condition.

Sort of car I imagine @rjw63 would approve of. 

Indeed. I had a P6 myself but it was a 2200 TC. Had to wait a couple of years before acquiring the awesome V8...i ended up.owning four of em (including the P5 coupe I posted on here before) the other three were SD1's

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Indeed. I had a P6 myself but it was a 2200 TC. Had to wait a couple of years before acquiring the awesome V8...i ended up.owning four of em (including the P5 coupe I posted on here before) the other three were SD1's

3x SD1's! Noice! Vanden Plas or Vitesse models? 

My Dad always wanted one but bottled out and went with the Granada instead. I think he thought they would be a bit too thirsty/unreliable. 

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

3x SD1's! Noice! Vanden Plas or Vitesse models? 

My Dad always wanted one but bottled out and went with the Granada instead. I think he thought they would be a bit too thirsty/unreliable. 

I had a 3500 VDP, 3500S, and the other one I think an SE. But not sure

• Like 1

On 23/10/2020 at 19:13, mark359 said:

Today marks the 9th anniversary of my cousin (and VT’s own Paddy) passing away.

As the years pass by it still makes me so happy to see this thread he started hovering around the top of the list in this forum each time I visit.

Thank you VillaTalk members for cheering me up 

I still can't see a polar bear on TV without thinking of his old avatar :)

I never met him , had a few Facebook & VT PM chats over the years he was on here which always made me kinda wish I did know him

• Like 2

• VT Supporter
14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I still can't see a polar bear on TV without thinking of his old avatar :)

I never met him , had a few Facebook & VT PM chats over the years he was on here which always made me kinda wish I did know him

I've still got Paddy's number in my phone from the one time we tried to meet up before a match, but managed to miss each other.  :(

• Sad 1

• VT Supporter
On 21/10/2020 at 11:38, Xela said:

Bit geeky but love everything about this clip

- The people interviewed look at least 10 years older than their true age (must have been tough growing up in post war Britain)

- The new cars look tatty already!

- The pipe smoking businessman wanting to drive 30k miles per year in a car with less than a 1000cc engine

- The Fiat salesman being proud they offer a 2 year rust warranty!

- Bit of casual sexism from Shaw Taylor - "‘Would you join me over here a second, love?’!"

You're talking bollocks.   There's no way those kids look 17 and 15.

I had a high school friend who had the US version of the fiesta when it came out, probably about the same time or maybe a year later.   I remember it being a lot more advanced than this one and being a pretty nice car.  I do remember that it was the first Ford sold in the US that was not designed or built in the US and it was an attempt to copy the success of VW's US version of the Golf, with the transversely mounted engine and front wheel drive.

• Haha 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â