Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

A piece of entirely random trivia - Tan Hill Inn is the pub located at the highest altitude in the UK.

Don't tell the shandy drinker but a certain bagpipe rock band are playing there next year.

I stayed the night there many years ago, definitely got pissed that night

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm surrounded by nature. Today I saw up close, 2 deer, a racoon, a turtle, a goose and an owl. Yesterday I saw 2 foxes and an osprey. I saw a seal last week too. And loons.

If memory serves correct, and if it does sorry to bring about unpleasantness, but didn't you once have an injured vulture, condor or eagle at your front door?

Might of come up in response to the time I had an owl fly directly into my bedroom window at a speed that I am to this day astounded didn't send it through the glass.

The poor thing, stunned and unable to fly on a second story windowsill and to make matters worse it soon realised there was a full grown man in the room.

I actually left the room because I thought with me present it might try and take off out of fear before its body would allow it to properly and fall doing more damage.

I think I made the right decision because watching from afar from another room it took a few minutes to show much movement at all and within 10 minutes it had taken off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

My boy signed for his first team in January (he had to wait until then for a space to come up). He played a bit part in about half a dozen games before the season was cancelled.

We moved him to another team this season and he’s absolutely flying. 8 goals in 3 games for them, 4 today. 
Including friendlies it’s 16 goals in 8 games this summer.

I might start a thread for him in the main forum :D 

Don't tell sir_gary_cahill or he'll be hyping him up as the next Ethan Moore! 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, A'Villan said:

If memory serves correct, and if it does sorry to bring about unpleasantness, but didn't you once have an injured vulture, condor or eagle at your front door?

Might of come up in response to the time I had an owl fly directly into my bedroom window at a speed that I am to this day astounded didn't send it through the glass.

The poor thing, stunned and unable to fly on a second story windowsill and to make matters worse it soon realised there was a full grown man in the room.

I actually left the room because I thought with me present it might try and take off out of fear before its body would allow it to properly and fall doing more damage.

I think I made the right decision because watching from afar from another room it took a few minutes to show much movement at all and within 10 minutes it had taken off.

That wasn't me...

Owls are my favorite bird of prey. Majestic and kind of funky.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That's not how coordinates work, that's just a latitudinal line that runs around the whole planet, there's bound to be something on it :D 

Pyramid latitude coordinates = The speed of the speed of light.

They had to build these first to get the speed.  I don't see a problem here.  You are just  not been open minded.😁

Build it and they will come.

Â