Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

I found some tunnocks wafers in a local garage :hooray:

• Like 1

On 21/04/2020 at 17:22, rjw63 said:

This **** weather.

**** rain FFS.

On 28/04/2020 at 20:53, rjw63 said:

A rainy day, at **** last.

A bit of peace from the garden-inhabiting noisy words removed round here.

Hope it carries on into a Bibilcal stylee.

brian regan what GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

brian regan what GIF

I have a caravan in Wales on a site that has no pub, shop, pool. Just countryside and peace & quiet.

And I can't get there.

Meanwhile every noisy word removed in our postcode is in the garden telling "Alexa" to play the most **** awful shite ever recorded.

So yea, rain please. And don't stop for at least a fortnight.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

I have a caravan in Wales on a site that has no pub, shop, pool. Just countryside and peace & quiet.

And I can't get there.

Meanwhile every noisy word removed in our postcode is in the garden telling "Alexa" to play the most **** awful shite ever recorded.

So yea, rain please. And don't stop for at least a fortnight.

I just found it funny that the posts were only a week apart.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I just found it funny that the posts were only a week apart.

I'm here all year...

Kyle Mooney videos are keeping me laughing lately.

This is one of his characters, Bad 90's Observational Comedian Bruce Chandling

The bees buzzed off (see the Piss You Off thread). 

And #1 daughter came round with the baby, and we had a nice afternoon in the garden. Hadn't seen them (other than on a screen) since the start of the lockdown, so it was quite emotional. 

• Like 3

My manager ringing this morning to tell me to try and finish work early and enjoy some time in the sun. Most things can wait til tomorrow so I’ve done exactly that, sun lounger, nice cold drink and relax with a book. Almost (but nowhere near) as good as a holiday. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

The bees buzzed off (see the Piss You Off thread). 

And #1 daughter came round with the baby, and we had a nice afternoon in the garden. Hadn't seen them (other than on a screen) since the start of the lockdown, so it was quite emotional. 

I went and met my daughter this evening. Distant and no grandson, but its what I needed. 

• Like 4

The discovery that one of the least inspiring local shops from the outside is an Aladdin's Cave of spirits.

• Like 1

Four year old granddaughter is not taking her homeschooling seriously. They're doing the solar system and she's started doing Uranus jokes. 

That's my girl.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My ex test manager called me up today purely for a chat about Fleetwood Mac. Half an hour talking about music. It was a tonic. 

Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac, geriatric Fleetwood Mac or somewhere in between?

JK Rowling is going on a bit of a mission on Twitter busting a load of myths about things that inspired her when writing Harry Potter. 

All those cafes and schools that claim she wrote there or were the inspiration for hogwarts etc. Mostly seems to be nonsense 😂

5 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac, geriatric Fleetwood Mac or somewhere in between?

We talked at length about the Peter Green featuring 1973 Greatest Hits FM album and how it potentially is one of the best albums ever. 

• Like 2

I won the day yesterday and unsure how. I suspect the usual suspects were busy and I fluked it. 

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I just read that the virus spread like wildfire through a congregation in rural Arkansas after bible study and a couple of events right before the shelter in place guidelines came out.  All the right wing evangelical leaders in the US want churches to be exempt from social distancing recommendations and Trump is backing them 100% because, you know, you can't adequately commune with or worship your god without being in the midst of dozens of people.  I'm sure He would insist on them getting together and risking infecting each other to prove the extent of their devotion to Him.   And if a bunch of them get sick and die, well you can bet it will rationalized as part of God's plan.   So their all loving benevolent god insists on them getting together and killing each other and making each other sick.  What a novel way to show your love for your "children".

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I won the day yesterday and unsure how. I suspect the usual suspects were busy and I fluked it. 

Probably should go in the 'things that piss you off thread', but I have never won the day. I feel very unpopular. Either that or I just have nothing good to say.

Or both. I'm going with both. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Probably should go in the 'things that piss you off thread', but I have never won the day. I feel very unpopular. Either that or I just have nothing good to say.

Or both. I'm going with both. 

Its not something that happens to me often so I am very pleased when it happens. I don’t win it enough to say there is a formula. That said to guide you on your way have a like. 

• Thanks 1

Â