Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

We have a rule in work with our street directory that if a place has two names we will only use one of them unless the places have different doorways

Today during a standard review I discovered that the Hanover Hotel is also in our Street Directory as McCartneys Bar

It gave me great please to remove.... you know the rest

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Psychologically important $30 barrier broken today. Already lost 1/3rd if it’s value from IPO price and the lock in period isn’t over yet.(When I predict it'll lose a shitload more value as institutions try to recoup their losses)

392F61B9-A862-4DE9-9532-247129503BA8.jpeg

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, quite a lot of us were out at the VT annual awards dinner that day, always a great day out.

(I appreciate this opens up the opportunity for hilarious award nominee bantzzz…)

Yep. Most balanced poster in Off Topic award caused a bit of a stir! :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Most ironical tweet award was a doozie.

A fleet of cars has been shipped from Britain to South Africa for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s ten-day tour because Buckingham Palace could not get hold of enough secure vehicles.

The cars included five Land Rover Discoverys as police back-up vehicles as well as the couple’s Range Rover, which they use at home.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fleet-of-cars-shipped-to-africa-for-the-duke-and-duchess-of-sussexs-royal-tour-sxgj7sx65

I would have thought South Africa would have had loads of secure vehicles, what with the car jacking epidemic over there. 

Giant spider just walked across the room, I’d say it was around the size of a small to medium sized dog.

I picked it up, walked outside and plopped it down where it can easily get in to the garage.

Man status renewed for another month.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Giant spider just walked across the room, I’d say it was around the size of a small to medium sized dog.

I picked it up, walked outside and plopped it down where it can easily get in to the garage.

Man status renewed for another month.

Hate it when my kids ask me to sort spider situations, shitting my pants trying to appear like a hero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hate it when my kids ask me to sort spider situations, shitting my pants trying to appear like a hero.

FFS, they're tiny, fragile things! (Chrisp's 'dog size' one may have been 2 or 3 inches across, max). I just don't understand arachnophobia at all. If we lived in Australia, I might be more wary, but I'm very disappointed that I've failed to educate my otherwise intelligent daughters away from adopting their mother's shrieky reaction to these cool creatures. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

FFS, they're tiny, fragile things! (Chrisp's 'dog size' one may have been 2 or 3 inches across, max). I just don't understand arachnophobia at all. If we lived in Australia, I might be more wary, but I'm very disappointed that I've failed to educate my otherwise intelligent daughters away from adopting their mother's shrieky reaction to these cool creatures. 

Same as most fears, they’re irrational.

• Like 1

Â