Jump to content
rjw63

Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

Recommended Posts

Who is this Steve fella and why is he talking as if he knows us? 

 

 

Congrats, @Stevo985, I’ll check it out when it hits Apple Podcasts. 

Edited by Michelsen
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Hey guys!

I know I said I was on a break from here, and that's still true. I just popped in to plug something of mine that I'm weirdly proud of (hence the thread choice!)

 

I've done one of them there podcasts. It's about Fantasy Premier League with a couple of mates.

If you fancy a listen you can get it on Spotify here: Minus 4: An FPL Podcast

It should be listed on Apple Podcasts by the end of the week too

Nah seriously well done, I've fancied doing something like that but never had the nerve

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High-jumpers

 

 

 

Edited by Tegis
Better vid source
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tegis said:

High-jumpers

Not even. He's a retired high jumper. 

(Not that I'm a pedant or anything) ;)

 

limbo GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, choffer said:

Not even. He's a retired high jumper. 

His kid is 14 and jumping 2,09, unofficial youth record i think. Some genes where passed down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tegis said:

His kid is 14 and jumping 2,09, unofficial youth record i think. Some genes where passed down

And my dad told me if I practiced hard enough, I'd play for Scotland one day. 

 

(Fully appreciate that even at 45, I could still be in with a shot of getting in the current squad).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is some sort of betting syndicate thing in the office, I think its based on the national lottery - but isn't the lottery.

Anyway, I declined to join. It's gambling and I'm from solid methodist stock.

So far the winners have been:

May: cocked up in some way, all money rolled over in to June draw.

June: The boss's missus

July: The boss

August: The boss's daughter, whilst temping for 1 month in the office before going off to NZ

 

September results could see insurrection and regime change...

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

September results could see insurrection and regime change...

:lol:  "No-one saw it coming.  He seemed so happy.  We're devastated.  He must've just snapped and jumped out the window."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There is some sort of betting syndicate thing in the office, I think its based on the national lottery - but isn't the lottery.

Anyway, I declined to join. It's gambling and I'm from solid methodist stock.

So far the winners have been:

May: cocked up in some way, all money rolled over in to June draw.

June: The boss's missus

July: The boss

August: The boss's daughter, whilst temping for 1 month in the office before going off to NZ

 

September results could see insurrection and regime change...

 

Reminds me of years back, went to the work Christmas party. It was a combined thing with office and factory staff. All of the management were sat on 1 table. Someone went round selling raffle tickets, seems like nobody apart from them on that table had bought any. It was hilarious and awkward. After about 5 prizes it was like "no its ok, pick another ticket"... "its you again"... FFS...

Edited by Genie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of those New fangled F-35 fighters just pootled past the window. (not my pic)

578006bddd0895a96d8b45f3-2400-840x467.jp

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/09/2019 at 20:53, Xela said:

Just got to get through tomorrow and then I have next week off work.

Going to go away for a couple of days... was going to Kent for a week (some good ideas from @KentVillan) but that will probably be in November/December now when I have 2 weeks off. Will go somewhere local and relax for a bit. Perhaps Peak District or Staffs Moorlands. 

Ended up in the Wye Valley, not far from Ross-on-Wye. Hotel was by Goodrich Castle.

Lovely part of the UK. Fantastic scenery... plenty of hills and walks so @mjmooney would approve!

Went into Ross-on-Wye and Monmouth. Lunch in Symonds Yat one day, which had spectacular views. 

Back to reality now!

Edited by Xela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2019 at 15:18, Tegis said:

High-jumpers

 

 

 

The follow up tweet brought back memories of doing the scissor kick high jump at school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, snowychap said:

The follow up tweet brought back memories of doing the scissor kick high jump at school.

athlete.gif

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xela said:

Ended up in the Wye Valley, not far from Ross-on-Wye. Hotel was by Goodrich Castle.

Lovely part of the UK. Fantastic scenery... plenty of hills and walks so @mjmooney would approve!

I do. Been there many times. Still a bit tame compared to the north, mind. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a superb chicken kiev for lunch at The Oakley Arms in Brewood, Staffordshire.

Now there is a sentence I never thought I would use!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

Had a superb chicken kiev for lunch at The Oakley Arms in Brewood, Staffordshire.

Now there is a sentence I never thought I would use!

 

Nice place, Brewood. My mate and his soon to be wife are moving there in the next month or so. I hear it’s a bit cliquey, it definitely takes itself rather seriously for things like the prestigious “best kept village” award.

Haven’t been to the Oakley but have heard decent things. Brunning & Price are a pretty solid pub chain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â