paddy

Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

My sister is currently the national manager at a retail company that pulls in tens of millions annually. She started as a casual front of shop assistant. Proud of her.

Anyway, she's at a crossroads. Her boyfriend is moving overseas to take a job that pays a mid-six-figure salary, and she is considering relocating to go with him.

The only concern I have is my sister compromising her own independence and talent in order to pursue this man, whom she has known for a matter of weeks.

A friend of my sister had the same concern, and he happens to be an accountant at a major retail company, you might know of David Jones.

Well, he took it upon himself to arrange my sister to meet with the powers that be at David Jones to take on a role that would be an upgrade on what she currently does.

As an older brother, especially considering we didn't have a father in the home growing up, it's great to know that people have her back and support her future.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Which country? And how old?

New Zealand. She is 27. It's only a two year contract.

It could be a great experience for her. I've not met him yet, but if he's captured the heart of my sister, well I'll just say I've got a lot of confidence in her powers of discernment.

There's a lot to consider (for her, and I'll leave her to that unless she asks for my input), but I know how well loved she is here and how much she has going for her.

Anyway, the point was mostly around her friend arranging the David Jones gig, just as a gesture of appreciation if she does decide to stay here. Heartwarming.

Having a good day on the horses. On a blinder today with another two yet to race. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

Searched VT and didn't really know where to post this, but when i watched it it put a smile on my face and this seems to be as good a place as anywhere.

An ordinary bloke busking.....

• Like 4

5 hours ago, imavillan said:

Searched VT and didn't really know where to post this, but when i watched it it put a smile on my face and this seems to be as good a place as anywhere.

An ordinary bloke busking.....

Nice to see Alan Hutton keeping busy...

"The Greaseman" on PureRock.Us radio. A throwback to the old days of smut and sexism. Some of our American friends might know him. Probably been fired from a hundred stations from what I'm hearing :)

Pretending to work this morning, but in reality I've spent half an hour copying and pasting football fixtures into spreadsheets.

16 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Pretending to work this morning, but in reality I've spent half an hour copying and pasting football fixtures into spreadsheets.

Couldn't possibly comment

happy i like it GIF

• Like 1

Newcastle fans' reactions to us potentially beating them to Moraes' signature.

fap-fap-fap.gif

• Haha 2

Friday 16:30, I literally have no work to do. cleared the lot. no police request outstanding, no info to update, no street directory changes remaining (there was a huge backlog), no emails unreplied to and I got given a dispatch actions task this morning that took up my whole morning

Worked my balls off but I have shite all to do. It makes me happy that I have only fresh work to walk into on Monday. The first time in a long time

• Like 3

Four more working days before I have the next seven weeks completely off. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

not just go straight into OT

Traitor 😡

Any news on Mings?

Edited by Tegis
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

The fact that when I open VT, my first instinct now is to go in the main forum to look for exciting transfer news, not just go straight into OT as was my habit for literally years. 

Whilst cheering me up, mind you, this is also wildly confusing. 

Yep, I'm having the same experience. 

21 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Four more working days before I have the next seven weeks completely off. 

giphy.gif

I don't get 7 weeks in total! Are you a teacher?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I don't get 7 weeks in total! Are you a teacher?

You’re not wrong 😁

Â