rjw63

Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Domino's must be better over there than it is here.

Domino's would be the last meal I'd have.

Sh**, wait, I didn't mean it like that.

I love pizza and I love Dominos :D

Don't get me wrong, a proper italian pizza or new york style pizza made in a proper restaurant would be better.

But my thinking behind ordering from a takeaway for your last meal is that you know it would be cooked the way you'd usually expect it to be cooked.

If I asked the prison to cook me a steak (in a former life) then they might **** it up

• Like 2

dominos to me uses the cheapest nastiest base possible, the dirty 2 large pizzas for £5 place that you have to be blind drunk to entertain does a better base than dominos

the problem being that dominos has a better menu than papa johns, pizza but lets you play with the crust a bit more, papa johns IMO is the best pizza but its the worst menu, even their BBQ pizza uses the same tomato sauce, it just bust BBQ on the top, dominos and pizza hut change the tomato sauce to give it more flavour and make it different

Can I just use this pizza discussion to add that BBQ base is one of the worst monstrosities to ever exist. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

no you cant

if you are going to have a bbq pizza then you have a bbq base surely? if you have a mexican pizza then you tweak the base, same for tandoori etc

you cant just have the same tomato / marinara sauce for all

I like BBQ sauce 'n all, but on a pizza it's quite off-putting.  Too strong a flavour to belong as a base IMNSHO.

• Like 2

One of the worst things I've ever eaten was a Domino's gluten free pizza. The base was so hard you could have beaten a sword out on it if you'd misplaced your anvil.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

no you cant

if you are going to have a bbq pizza then you have a bbq base surely? if you have a mexican pizza then you tweak the base, same for tandoori etc

you cant just have the same tomato / marinara sauce for all

Tomato/Marinara base is one of the most important aspects of it qualifying as a pizza for me.

BBQ base is far too sweet.  Might as well smear it in chocolate.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Tomato/Marinara base is one of the most important aspects of it qualifying as a pizza for me.

Sounds like a great idea. I will report back with my findings.

I know someone who is convinced mashed potato would be a brilliant pizza topping but hasn't tried it yet.

Edited by Paddywhack

9 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I know someone who is convinced mashed potato would be a brilliant pizza topping but hasn't tried it yet.

Well I suppose people do use crème fraîche as a pizza topping, so if it was properly seasoned it could work.  But then over here having 4 different types of spud on the same plate is perfectly reasonable.

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well I suppose people do use crème fraîche as a pizza topping, so if it was properly seasoned it could work.  But then over here having 4 different types of spud on the same plate is perfectly reasonable.

I remember the first time I had a meal in an Italian restaurant in Ireland, ordered spaghetti bolognese, and was asked what sort of potatoes I wanted with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I remember the first time I had a meal in an Italian restaurant in Ireland, ordered spaghetti bolognese, and was asked what sort of potatoes I wanted with it. 

Proper order (no pun intended)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Sounds like a great idea. I will report back with my findings.

691C56BE-0F91-4331-9445-3124369E3540.jpeg

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Koreans have sweet potato on pizza.  Freaks.

On 31/01/2019 at 21:56, villa4europe said:

if i was in charge with opinions like that it would be your last meal

If it is, please make sure the beans are kept separate :P

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Agreed, I like BBQ base in very small doses but it is ridiculously sweet. 

The Dominos BBQ Meateor is sublime for the first few bites then it is a stroke waiting to happen 

Â