Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I signed a lease yesterday to operate a cafe/beer&wine retail business. When I'm up and running in 2 months, I'll post pics. We'll see if I can sneak my Villa scarf in there.

Got any jobs?! :lol: 

Good luck dude, hope it goes well!! It's a tough nut to crack the old feeding and watering business, but I'm sure you'll be a huge success! 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I signed a lease yesterday to operate a cafe/beer&wine retail business. When I'm up and running in 2 months, I'll post pics. We'll see if I can sneak my Villa scarf in there.

Free beer for any VTers that rock up, eh?  ;)

discovered we still have some mulled wine leftover :) I know it's not everyone's thing, but feels right in this weather. There is plenty of normal wine and whiskey as back up of course!

• Like 1

Because I've not been at work for two days, I'm not appreciating the Friday feeling. Wife is ill, kids are ill, and I'm bored. I'd love a bloody drink, or a few hours in the boozer. Be glad when the night arrives, and I can settle down with the footy. 

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Why would you need to sneak it in?   You're running the place.  Hang it proudly in the front window!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Heating on, cup of tea and wagon wheel and Absolute 90s on. Lovely! Happy Friday!

Gotta say I have never been a wagon wheel fan. Poor choice to go with a brew

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, KHV said:

Gotta say I have never been a wagon wheel fan. Poor choice to go with a brew

Not even a jammie one? 

I wasn't dunking it, merely an accompaniment to the brew (plus it was the only thing I had - was sure I had a Breakaway left but alas, no)

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not even a jammie one? 

I wasn't dunking it, merely an accompaniment to the brew (plus it was the only thing I had - was sure I had a Breakaway left but alas, no)

When i was in Oz last month there's a cake/biscuit manufacturer called Arnotts and they make an ice cream bar version of the jammie wagon wheel. Pure filthy and delicious heaven ! I used to have one every morning on my way back from a dip in the ocean, from a beachside café. 

*sigh*

• Like 2

Getting my car booked into a local mechanic.  It was making all sorts of noises and I was dreading it.  Got the call today that I can go collect it - he's tightened things, cleaned other things and then asked me for a fiver.  A FIVER!

Driving it back it feels like a new car :)

• Like 3

Â