Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Computer games

Taken for granted these days but it’s amazing that when the world becomes too serious and heavy and life starts getting you down a bit you can just turn on your console and escape to other worlds and do countless manner of things. I love films, tv shows and I love reading but for me nothing beats the immediacy and involvement of gaming. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

On 1/14/2018 at 20:47, Ingram85 said:

Computer games

Taken for granted for these days but it’s amazing that when the world becomes too serious and heavy and life starts getting you down a bit you can just turn on your console and escape to other worlds and do countless manners of things. I live films, tv shows and I love reading but for me nothing beats the immediacy and involvement of gaming. 

As a kid in the 70's this was how I was with books. The first book I read outside of picture books was White Fang, and then Call of the Wild. I loved reading based off those, immersing myself in those. Still the case today. Never really been a gamer.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

That story is incredibly close to a friend of mine on a trip to Amsterdam we took a few years ago except it was a fast food restaurant, the waiter offered coke and he was in the toilets for what seemed to us (possibly experiencing the same time lapse problem this guy did) about an hour. Ive never seen someone go so pure white so quickly. It was equal parts hilarious and concerning. 

I lie. It was most definately mostly hilarious! 

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

So did he eat the weed or are ginger snaps dangerous to consume?

The snaps are made with cannabis, probably cannabis butter.

Weed is processed by the body differently depending on how you 'take' it. Food made with it can be extremely strong.

Tell you what I bloody love? 

Boobs

And if you're not with me on that then you're gay (only kidding, even gays love the boobies!) 

YEAAAHHHHH!!!!! 

Does make me wonder why, subcutaneous fat makes them so fascinating though.  Weird innit. 

And why don't gurlz love em as much as we do?  If the theory that it's because they fed us as young'uns is the answer? 

The best bit is bit pointy bit in the middle innit?  Arbeloa or whatever it's called.

How did he get a move to Real Madrid? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Tell you what I bloody love? 

Boobs

And if you're not with me on that then you're gay (only kidding, even gays love the boobies!) 

YEAAAHHHHH!!!!! 

Does make me wonder why, subcutaneous fat makes them so fascinating though.  Weird innit. 

And why don't gurlz love em as much as we do?  If the theory that it's because they fed us as young'uns is the answer? 

The best bit is bit pointy bit in the middle innit?  Arbeloa or whatever it's called.

How did he get a move to Real Madrid? 

Well you know why men are attracted to cleavage?

Because it reminds us of women's buttocks.

Yeah.

Presumably when we were cavemen we used to do you from behind.

So

Then we evolved and probably turned you round when language came in... to chat... or to look at the breasts that remind us of buttocks.

Do you want a starter?

"Let's go straight to the main course"

Yeah.

• Like 3

One of my cats has figured out how to partially open the bedside table, and thinks swiping his paw in there until he fishes out underwear is a great game. There were half a dozen pairs just lying on the landing when I got home.

It's not my underwear, so I think it's hilarious...The gf, not so much. :D

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

One of my cats has figured out how to partially open the bedside table, and thinks swiping his paw in there until he fishes out underwear is a great game. There were half a dozen pairs just lying on the landing when I got home.

It's not my underwear, so I think it's hilarious... My alter ego Janine..not so much. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/01/2018 at 20:47, Ingram85 said:

Computer games

Taken for granted these days but it’s amazing that when the world becomes too serious and heavy and life starts getting you down a bit you can just turn on your console and escape to other worlds and do countless manner of things. I love films, tv shows and I love reading but for me nothing beats the immediacy and involvement of gaming. 

Maybe I’m getting old but I’ve lost interest in them

in my 20’s we built our own PC’s and played Doom , then Heretic , Hexen before moving onto command and conquer , whilst wasting hours in between playing civilisation

games were simple , left , right , up , down and fire ... and of course chicken mode :)

did move onto the N64 and the glorious Goldeneye on split screeen multi player and. Tekken and ISS soccer 

and then I dunno why but then i suddenly  stopped , just too busy maybe ..:

my kids got an x-box a couple of years back and I thought I’d be all over it whilst kicking my sons ass at FIFA ... and it just didn’t happen , it’s like the games were all style over substance  not so enjoyable .... buggered if I can get to grips with those dual joysticks on call of duty and the like

even civilisation that’s probably accounted for more sleepless nights for me than cucumbers for Rugley has lost its appeal ... they released it on the iPad the other week and i downloaded the demo .... and got bored of it in about 20 mins 

nowdays its it’s all simple apps you play on your phone whilst you sit on the toilet and that’s as far as my attention span goes 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Maybe I’m getting old but I’ve lost interest in them

in my 20’s we built our own PC’s and played Doom , then Heretic , Hexen before moving onto command and conquer , whilst wasting hours in between playing civilisation

games were simple , left , right , up , down and fire ... and of course chicken mode :)

did move onto the N64 and the glorious Goldeneye on split screeen multi player and. Tekken and ISS soccer 

and then I dunno why but then i suddenly  stopped , just too busy maybe ..:

my kids got an x-box a couple of years back and I thought I’d be all over it whilst kicking my sons ass at FIFA ... and it just didn’t happen , it’s like the games were all style over substance  not so enjoyable .... buggered if I can get to grips with those dual joysticks on call of duty and the like

even civilisation that’s probably accounted for more sleepless nights for me than cucumbers for Rugley has lost its appeal ... they released it on the iPad the other week and i downloaded the demo .... and got bored of it in about 20 mins 

nowdays its it’s all simple apps you play on your phone whilst you sit on the toilet and that’s as far as my attention span goes 

That's the reason why I lost interest in gaming. I was mad on it, then stopped for a bit, then tried to get back into it, but couldn't work out the controllers. Too many buttons for me, where I was just used to the up, down, across, and maybe one or two buttons on the side. 

11 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

My wife's a business teacher and she told me she'd had her most embarrassing moment teaching on Friday.

She was coming up with a way to remember to some business model or something, thinking of it on the spot. She'd written a big C on the board for 'Company', a big U on the board for 'Understanding' or whatever, and so on. The kids started giggling after the N and the T. She didn't know why until they pointed it out to her.

She was marking last night and showing me where all the kids had written it in their books.

Come on man, don't keep us guessing..  What did she put? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

My wife's a business teacher and she told me she'd had her most embarrassing moment teaching on Friday.

She was coming up with a way to remember to some business model or something, thinking of it on the spot. She'd written a big C on the board for 'Company', a big U on the board for 'Understanding' or whatever, and so on. The kids started giggling after the N and the T. She didn't know why until they pointed it out to her.

She was marking last night and showing me where all the kids had written it in their books.

sorta reminds me of this

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â