Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

It sucks when people lose their job, but to be honest, I'm kind of glad that Toys R Us is going bust.

I've been in there 3 or 4 times to buy presents for various friends' children, and it's been **** shit on every occasion.On one I was made to feel like a thief and asked to leave my bag at the customer disservice desk, despite several women walking past with handbags.

The last time I was in there, last year, the checkout staff didn't even have scanners. They typed barcodes in by hand. A customer having a voucher turned in to a 10 minute long ordeal that needed two separate managers.

There were 4 customers waiting to be pay, and no fewer than 6 staff just strolling about chatting and waiting at the customer disservice desk, not willing to take payment.

I put my items on the floor and walked out, then ordered them from Amazon. **** Toys R Us. Good riddance.

WH Smiths next, please. Or Boots. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Be careful what you wish for, the death of the high street isn’t particularly beneficial to anyone.

I do agree with you on Toys R Us though, a perfect example of an outdated model that just didn’t move with the times, in the age of internet competition they were always going to fail.

Edited by AVFCDAN

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It sucks when people lose their job, but to be honest, I'm kind of glad that Toys R Us is going bust.

I've been in there 3 or 4 times to buy presents for various friends' children, and it's been **** shit on every occasion.On one I was made to feel like a thief and asked to leave my bag at the customer disservice desk, despite several women walking past with handbags.

The last time I was in there, last year, the checkout staff didn't even have scanners. They typed barcodes in by hand. A customer having a voucher turned in to a 10 minute long ordeal that needed two separate managers.

There were 4 customers waiting to be pay, and no fewer than 6 staff just strolling about chatting and waiting at the customer disservice desk, not willing to take payment.

I put my items on the floor and walked out, then ordered them from Amazon. **** Toys R Us. Good riddance.

Did that cheer you up, or something that pissed you off that shouldn't? ;)

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Is it really grounds for dismissal? Far worse has happened at our Xmas parties!

In isolation, barely worth a mention. Cumulative effect though - the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

• Like 1

Last day today. 9 of us have just got to felt a roof in, so should be done for  12 ish. I do find myself in a bad situation though, most of them are boozers and will be foaming at the mouth to get on it when we finish. Just need to stay strong headed. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Go and visit, it’s lovely and charming and whimsical :D

I have one memory and one memory only of visiting Quinton - seeing Canon and Ball in "The Boys in Blue" at the Quinton Classic. 

Â