Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

My favourite Christmas ever was when I got my snes and I mentioned to the wife that Nintendo have released the classic snes mini and she's got it me for Christmas and now I can't wait and it's going to be the best Christmas ever again! :D

217392_detail_01.jpg

I really want one but they are sold out everywhere. How much do they cost normally?

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I really want one but they are sold out everywhere. How much do they cost normally?

I think my wife paid about £140 on amazon. Far too expensive to be honest, I just had to get one....(beg her for one)...

A few places have got stock recently, amazon are due some more on 26th October here.

• Like 1

I have very nearly went for a snes mini twice now but resisted. It's a lovely thing indeed but I ended up getting a second hand 2ds XL a few days ago instead for £70 so I can have all the main snes games plus downloadable GB, GBC, NES games on virtual console plus the DS & 3DS library. Only game I'm missing out on is FFVI which I have on GBA along with Minish Cap, THPS2, Advance Wars & Golden Sun so think I may be sorted for retro ninty for a long time :P.

Edited by Ingram85

54 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Genuinely, I have previously heard and seen 'snes' but never knew what it was or what it stood for, until I saw that picture.

So now I know.

It was the machine bought by parents concerned about violence in computer games.

Sega didn't give a monkey's. Even pinball was Satanic.

I don't usually like holidays that much but Australia is something else.:D

Took this from a small plane a couple of days ago by Shark Island.  800 ft up. (Surprise trip).  I felt a bit Indiana Jones tbh :D 

My daughter (Where I am staying in Perth) just pasted her driving test and got a OK for her pregnancy tests.  All OK.  What's not to like ? 

Z_dR05eBoFRd8VWBXMDX5Jf-tDU7t8JWKRgE3bTqBD-uH0f-ZNdaVzpf9b36iKOJhXDzhSCQI5zffs0rWXwHbe-aits04u31GjPKZXerEJvTMd-searh3MF3eEZPbrQ6uEPEA2PQ4GGsIT3jBIF7MBCpq-tAqtbKBq2_65Xc0ZYAJVS-qkOLpdP2phHE9e67n0v5GdOc94bww2KeFv2hXPF01FdzmdtuwL47tOm8kgypuMHYVYIok9BBp4AbXRX2G_-2ET7wdZzMqa9AiC9G04_NkIQZnnerbHJjBo2WwEne5LqVf7yVszK72xZE4pbekojSa6pZVRGw0wO8OSVww13WH-9QtgTm8QYVcdbcZsW7ikBVvT2TajQ71qf7DaBxXAzR9P6JfQ-lrPGqEjrVhRs78K5T9pm5oUrokBeTEFGw2-T7W8AcF0SFdjHunc-GD_E4XPrLleKdCmCUEaZL3gJIOEQayCssKw-gnu8z_ETvesYl8nHo5kZ4K-IsIzekBVfTDyoZOoQOc2a3_xrkrc7VJw8_-4uYUFwfkZp32BeuXgTA5hLJWtwLTMgimxx-QBw6Kbhet8MSe5fICZnUwo6fUBlYGHcoB0lA9-xTSxI=w1280-h725-no
Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I have very nearly went for a snes mini twice now but resisted. It's a lovely thing indeed but I ended up getting a second hand 2ds XL a few days ago instead for £70 so I can have all the main snes games plus downloadable GB, GBC, NES games on virtual console plus the DS & 3DS library. Only game I'm missing out on is FFVI which I have on GBA along with Minish Cap, THPS2, Advance Wars & Golden Sun so think I may be sorted for retro ninty for a long time :P.

I can’t help but think that these retro consoles will have aged terribly. After the initial hit of nostalgia I’m worried I’d be massively disappointed with the game play.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2017 at 08:22, Genie said:

I can’t help but think that these retro consoles will have aged terribly. After the initial hit of nostalgia I’m worried I’d be massively disappointed with the game play.

Quite the opposite, imo. They will have aged, but only graphics wise.

A game with truly good gameplay is almost timeless. 

Â