Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

12 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

This time of the year, I love it. October to December is brilliant. 

January onwards I’ve had enough of the cold and I can’t wait for the summer, but I love the run up to Christmas.

Yep, 100% this. My missus hates it, but for me it's the best part of the year. 

• Like 1

I hate it.

I love christmas, but I hate the weather and the darkness leading up to it and after it.

I love a crisp, cold day. But the wind and rain that we get in this country is horrible. Plus the cycle of getting to work when it's dark, and leaving when it's dark, meaning I barely see sunlight 5 days a week genuinely gets me down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate it.

I love christmas, but I hate the weather and the darkness leading up to it and after it.

I love a crisp, cold day. But the wind and rain that we get in this country is horrible. Plus the cycle of getting to work when it's dark, and leaving when it's dark, meaning I barely see sunlight 5 days a week genuinely gets me down.

Yeah, exactly what my wife says. Seasonal Affective Disorder. Makes her depressed, but has never affected me that way. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate it.

You don't like a lot do you :)

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

You prefer the bottom picture I'm guessing .

no, no, no

I've got a parasol fetish, I get to the beach real early, dig myself a little hide in the sand and wank myself in to oblivion at all the wind breaks and brollies.

anigif_sub-buzz-4565-1494454788-3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Any plans? 

Nothing major mate. Just chill and try and wind down. 

Need to get a new TV and might get a new phone as well :)

On 10/6/2017 at 13:28, chrisp65 said:

Hhmmm, summer or winter? Summer.....or winter?

barry.jpg

20984192179_252f0e8fb9_z.jpg

It's a tricky one alright.

I'm headed to your neck of the woods tomorrow in all probability . . . any recommendations on things to do or places to eat etc?

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm headed to your neck of the woods tomorrow in all probability . . . any recommendations on things to do or places to eat etc?

If you mean Barry, and there's two of you, try and book lunch at Hangfire BBQ, it really is national quality grub.

If you have time for a walk, go to Porthkerry Park and from there have a beach walk.

If you're a little further west, try and get a walk around Southerndown cliffs.

If it's Cardiff, park at Sophia Gardens, walk a lap around the castle, then get a water taxi down to the Bay for all the usual franchise restaurants.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If you mean Barry, and there's two of you, try and book lunch at Hangfire BBQ, it really is national quality grub.

If you have time for a walk, go to Porthkerry Park and from there have a beach walk.

If you're a little further west, try and get a walk around Southerndown cliffs.

If it's Cardiff, park at Sophia Gardens, walk a lap around the castle, then get a water taxi down to the Bay for all the usual franchise restaurants.

@HanoiVillan, not even an invite from a fellow VTer, tut tut .

Â