Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

11 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

On the train at the moment and I found myself sharing a table with 3 obnoxious and racist pensioners.

They'll probably argue that they're not racist, but "old fashioned".

Racist, then.

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

As an over 60, I get pretty pissed off with this sort of generational stereotyping. We're as diverse as any other age group - and I see plenty of bigoted 20-somethings spewing shit on social media on a daily basis. 

Maybe so, but it's just what I see. Obviously I weren't saying all are like that because that would be stupid. Tbf I thought you might take offence to it, but as I said it's just my experience with older folk. 

Ps. and yes the younger lot are worse.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

They'll probably argue that they're not racist, but "old fashioned".

Racist, then.

I work with a lady who will blatantly say racist things saying 'I'm fed up of the PC nonsense' etc etc and it gets on my tits.  But then when my Mum passed away earlier this year, she was so kind to me and my family. It's hard to quantify one thing with the other, how someone can be horrible and nice at the same time.  We are a peculiar species really.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Maybe so, but it's just what I see. Obviously I weren't saying all are like that because that would be stupid. Tbf I thought you might take offence to it, but as I said it's just my experience with older folk. 

Ps. and yes the younger lot are worse.

The point is, some people are dickheads. When we come across them, we should be careful not to jump to the conclusion that they somehow represent that particular demographic. Most women are shallow? Most men are insensitive? Most Muslims are terrorists? Most Christians are bigots? Most atheists are amoral? Most Americans are arrogant? Most young people are ignorant? Most old people are stuck in the past? 

Avoid these traps. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

The point is, some people are dickheads. When we come across them, we should be careful not to jump to the conclusion that they somehow represent that particular demographic. Most women are shallow? Most men are insensitive? Most Muslims are terrorists? Most Christians are bigots? Most atheists are amoral? Most Americans are arrogant? Most young people are ignorant? Most old people are stuck in the past? 

Avoid these traps. 

It's definitely ignorance on my part. What surrounds you plays a part in your way of thinking too. 

8 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Trouble is, they are tiny crisps in small bags so I think I could quite easily gorge on them. 

I only really eat that kind of thing to bridge the gap between breakfast and lunch, so a small pack is ok.  Don't think I could eat the cheese ones as it would feel like I'm cheating on Wotsits.  I normally stick to Frazzles.

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

This time of the year, I love it. October to December is brilliant. 

January onwards I’ve had enough of the cold and I can’t wait for the summer, but I love the run up to Christmas.

Are we still on for dinner at yours on Boxing Day? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Are we still on for dinner at yours on Boxing Day? 

Oh no, have I drunkely invited everyone on VT round my house again?

Sorry guys, I’ve had to cancel as it’s something I really don’t want to do.

11 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's definitely ignorance on my part. What surrounds you plays a part in your way of thinking too. 

"Never be a sheep.  Be you.  Don't follow everyone else, believe everything they say, do everything they ask."

At least that's what my dad said when I was getting his new pants because the poo fairy left skidders in his old ones again. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

As an over 60, I get pretty pissed off with this sort of generational stereotyping. We're as diverse as any other age group - and I see plenty of bigoted 20-somethings spewing shit on social media on a daily basis.

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

That lot do tend to repeat themselves as well.

Just now, Paddywhack said:

Ironic that this joke had already been made? :P

I haven't got down that far yet.  Jeez, spoiler alert man.

• Haha 1

Â