Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Just called into Morrisons to grab a couple of things with the kids (wife is away tonight with work) so called into the cafe, Hunters Chicken stack and a Diet Coke for me, cheese burgers for both children, a drink each and an apple each.. £8.50 all in. Mental.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Just called into Morrisons to grab a couple of things with the kids (wife is away tonight with work) so called into the cafe, Hunters Chicken stack and a Diet Coke for me, cheese burgers for both children, a drink each and an apple each.. £8.50 all in. Mental.

Turned out that £8.50 was about right, maybe even over priced.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I was chatting with an American based colleague today. He asked what the chances are that our next king or queen will be black?

I'm thinking pretty slim. 

Give it a few more years ;)

seriously though, I think it's nigh on impossible. Obama being the first black US president was pretty outstanding really. Can you imagine telling the folks down south in the 50s that one day there would be a black president. 

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Give it a few more years ;)

seriously though, I think it's nigh on impossible. Obama being the first black US president was pretty outstanding really. Can you imagine telling the folks down south in the 50s that one day there would be a black president. 

Erm... I think the point is that the US head of state is elected (and so could be... anybody. And in fact is), whereas ours is hereditary - and the royal family is pretty damn white. 

I suppose if you count Meghan Markle as, erm... a bit brown, and enough of the contenders died in a catastrophe so that Harry got to be king... 

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This.

You can scramble eggs in the microwave if you want shit scrambled eggs.

The only shit scrambled eggs are those powdered ones that you get at some all you can eat breakfast buffet. They are awful.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Erm... I think the point is that the US head of state is elected (and so could be... anybody. And in fact is), whereas ours is hereditary - and the royal family is pretty damn white. 

I suppose if you count Meghan Markle as, erm... a bit brown, and enough of the contenders died in a catastrophe so that Harry got to be king... 

I think it shows how far America has come for a black person to be elected. Then again it's not really come on much has it. 

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can apply next month at court to have my ban from VP dropped. Hopefully I will be back amongst the faithful by Christmas, just in time to get my half season ticket. 

I've given myself a few bans, but must be shit being told you're not allowed to go to the match. Just behave yourself in future! 

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can apply next month at court to have my ban from VP dropped. Hopefully I will be back amongst the faithful by Christmas, just in time to get my half season ticket. 

What did they nab you for?

5 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

On the train at the moment and I found myself sharing a table with 3 obnoxious and racist pensioners.

I was carrying a spare PC keyboard.  I took it out and started typing even though it wasn't connected. They didn't seem to notice. So I asked each one if they could lend me some paper for my typewriter?

It's worked but rather too well and I now have the carriage to myself.

Happy days. 

A colleague has just offered me £50 if I will walk into the next carriage and yell "Why does everyone always leave me?"

We're presently negotiating the price. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â