Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/bletchley-park-staff-who-helped-defeat-hitler-meet-78-years-after-wars-outbreak-11364209318611    

Staff who helped uncover secret Nazi communications were reunited at Britain’s former code-breaking headquarters on Sunday – the 78th anniversary of Britain declaring war on Germany.

I think quite a few people could learn things by looking back at our recent history, from the few of the people that are still alive today. 

thanks @Paddywhack for liking this on twitter, bringing it to my attention.  

It truly was a conflict of world proportions.  Let's hope the people at the top can be diplomatic enough to steer this ship around from what feels like impending doom. 

Edited by lapal_fan

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/bletchley-park-staff-who-helped-defeat-hitler-meet-78-years-after-wars-outbreak-11364209318611    

I think quite a few people could learn things by looking back at our recent history, from the few of the people that are still alive today. 

thanks @Paddywhack for liking this on twitter, bringing it to my attention.  

It truly was a conflict of world proportions.  Let's hope the people at the top can be diplomatic enough to steer this ship around from what feels like impending doom. 

I wouldn't trust them to steer a tricycle across the playground. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wouldn't trust them to steer a tricycle across the playground. 

That's my fear too Mj :(  

I think the last time it felt like I were staring into the abyss was with Saddam - but I was only a kid at the time, didn't really understand anything other than the word "war", had just done school work on WW2 and I just applied the same logic.  

That gas mask was a complete waste of money. 

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

https://www.gofundme.com/9wvxt9-replacement-window

inspired. Trying to fathom the thought process of the poor lady when she dived in.

Story

Women urged to wait until second or third date before throwing poos out of bathroom window

Second date woman throwing poo

Throwing your own faeces from a bathroom window is strictly a second-date move, women have been told today.

After news emerged of a woman who got stuck retrieving a poo she had thrown from a bathroom window on a first date, etiquette experts have been quick to point out where she went wrong.

Dating consultant Simon Williams told us, “Women these days are too eager to throw their poo around and leave it with anyone.

“You need to keep a man guessing, make him work a little for it – why would he want a second date if he’s already seen you hurl a carrier bag of your own shit from his first-floor window?

“Of course, it’s absolutely the woman’s choice, and if she enjoys flinging shit, and is just looking to empty her bowels, then I say go for it – but if you want something a little more long term, then maybe chew a few Imodium before you go out.”

Women have reacted with surprise at the outdated view that women shouldn’t be looking to throw their shit around on a first date.

Emily James told us, “It’s typical of the inherent sexism that still pollutes our society.  No-one thinks twice about a man who throws bags of his own shit out of the window on the first date – hell, he’s probably revered for it.

“But if a woman wants to do it, you all look down your nose at her.

“Modern women have the same needs and desires as men, and if we want to hurl a turd from a window then we should be able to do so whenever, and with whomever, we please.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Does anyone else enjoy a little suppressed tooting at work? 

We're an office of blokes.  No suppression required.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Does anyone else enjoy a little suppressed tooting at work? 

I can'r take the chance anymore. I don't want to gamble and lose. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Rodders said:

https://www.gofundme.com/9wvxt9-replacement-window

inspired. Trying to fathom the thought process of the poor lady when she dived in.

Bad enough having a shit at your dates house considering it was the first time you had met! What on earth was going through her mind :D

I remember laying a monster cable at a girl's house at the end of an enjoyable evening (been out for dinner, invited in for "coffee"). It just wouldn't flush and just bobbed up and down like king kong's index finger. In the end i had to hack it up using the handle of her toothbrush and luckily it all disappeared after a long flush. In my distracted relief i then absentmindedly wiped the handle on her fluffy white towel...not thinking about the consequences. I had to fold it back on to the rail in such a way that hid the cack marks. 

She never said anything about it the next day but i was dumped a month later in favour of a bloke who looked like marty feldman :blink:

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

Being in a country that sorta doesn't officially exist (Transnistria ) and then getting a VIP tour  of the local brewery with free samples ... and a rather cute tour guide ... they even gave us a couple of free 2 litre bottles for the journey home :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Being in a country that sorta doesn't officially exist (Transnistria ) and then getting a VIP tour  of the local brewery with free samples ... and a rather cute tour guide ... they even gave us a couple of free 2 litre bottles for the journey home :) 

Pics or GTFO

• Haha 1

Â