Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Not bad... but I favour the scampi and lemon nik naks! Only problem is it makes my fingers smell like that lad's who you saw in ASDA double clicking his missus' mouse. 

Scampi and pickled onion crisps should not be in the food chain , shame on you. And @Rugeley Villa shame on you too although I'll let you off if Doritos Chilli heatwave are acceptable replacements. 

I think I've put on half a stone this bank hol weekend already this is not good. My BMI is f----- but hasta mana well Tuesday anyway 

1 hour ago, Xela said:
  Hide contents

BnTYaRcCMAAuc0q.jpg

Although it's the Sport, hats off to the paper for the sheer audacity of not mincing words and including bellend in the article header. 

Though a slur on the greatness that is the Nik Nak, I hope steves orangeness is gone. I'm gonna go check mine just in case as I've had three bags out of a multi pack and concerned now

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Scampi and pickled onion crisps should not be in the food chain , shame on you. And @Rugeley Villa shame on you too although I'll let you off if Doritos Chilli heatwave are acceptable replacements. 

I think I've put on half a stone this bank hol weekend already this is not good. My BMI is f----- but hasta mana well Tuesday anyway 

Woah there! Scampi, pickled onion and worcester sauce are the triumvirite par de excellence for wheat treats. 

They are like the John, Paul and George of the snack genre. Chilli heatwave doriitos might just scrape through as Ringo. 

:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Woah there! Scampi, pickled onion and worcester sauce are the triumvirite par de excellence for wheat treats. 

They are like the John, Paul and George of the snack genre. Chilli heatwave doriitos might just scrape through as Ringo. 

Ah mate Worcester sauce crisps, regardless of brand , I'll let them off hypocritically. 38, spent 2016 exercising and being good, post march, gallbladder op, spent last few weeks eating and treating to all the stuff I have had to avoid for the last few months and it is showing. Moved to belt notch three recently this is nothing short of a disaster and have myself only to blame. Point being, crisps, recently as a bad snack and since I am continually hungry, always these days, are my go to choice. Not addiction, just love them and have spent months without them. 

same with tandoori kebab meat and chips (had about theee times) for n chips, Chinese, dominos you name it. This has to end. 38 and getting a belly , wait too late got a belly. Self intervention due soon. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

I thought better of you.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2017 at 19:46, Rugeley Villa said:

My son actually taking what I'd say is his first proper interest in villa today. Unfortunately I had to tell him we lost.

Also, on this post, fair play. I don't have kids, but, these days the kids seem to follow the more successful teams even more than I was a kid and mates who supported Liverpool Everton or United, in the 80s that is. 

Following your local team , regardless of who they are, should be the way. So good on the lad. It's not about success it's about the kinship and the belonging. So hopefully your lad isn't out off by how crap we are. Hard to sell it kids if their mates support the top four teams but let's face it how often do those kids go see their team. 

I don't know how old your kids are but it's time to seal the deal on their affiliation. We will need their support in a few years (especially if we're the next Sheffield Wednesday ) but fair play to Rugeley Junior

1 minute ago, Midfielder said:

Also, on this post, fair play. I don't have kids, but, these days the kids seem to follow the more successful teams even more than I was a kid and mates who supported Liverpool Everton or United, in the 80s that is. 

Following your local team , regardless of who they are, should be the way. So good on the lad. It's not about success it's about the kinship and the belonging. So hopefully your lad isn't out off by how crap we are. Hard to sell it kids if their mates support the top four teams but let's face it how often do those kids go see their team. 

I don't know how old your kids are but it's time to seal the deal on their affiliation. We will need their support in a few years (especially if we're the next Sheffield Wednesday ) but fair play to Rugeley Junior

He's nearly 5 and trust me if he comes in one day and says, dad I'm supporting Chelsea, Man City or united then trust me it won't go down well at all. My wife does not understand football and the principles that should apply. He will be villa, I'm certain of that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Asked my Mrs if i could get the PPV boxing yesterday,  she replied "Why, we have RTL7 and it's free on there"

We do and it was. :D

"Respect " for the missus being tuned in to what's on , on the sports channels. Has she got a sister because I'm free

777b2e00fce24a2ea0d4fcd821a01d27.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He's nearly 5 and trust me if he comes in one day and says, dad I'm supporting Chelsea, Man City or united then trust me it won't go down well at all. My wife does not understand football and the principles that should apply. He will be villa, I'm certain of that.

... is the correct answer. 

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I've found that since I've stopped snacking (aside from fruit) I've lost weight, whatever I eat for lunch/dinner.

Snacking is absolutely killer.

Sure is. Up with the protein intake for me for feeling fuller and so on. On Tuesday though, Yeah. One last day. 

24 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just played some killer blues harmonica that set our nearly-two-year old grandaughter boogying round the room fit to bust. Had the whole family in stitches. Simple pleasures. 

I dance to Take That with my Grandaughter and sing along to the one's I know the words to,  I'm 45.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It's all fun and games until you realise that includes some Monster Munch flavours. Boooo !

ill thought out policy right there that could affect millions.

It's the smell that gets me, that shit should be weaponised. The Americans dropped that "MOAB" the other week at a cost of many tens of millions, screw that, spend a few grand on hiring a crop sprayer , mix some pickled onion monster munch with water and spray that hellspawned crap on target zone, more effective. If I was the enemy, I'd definitely surrender unconditionally. 

• Like 1

Â