Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

spent today tasting new flavours of popcorn in the name of work   ..sometimes life just pats you on the back and says Good boy

What were the best and worst?

Our work tried a market research thing, dishing out crates of non alcoholic cocktails.

They were pretty bad :)

Why would anyone want a non alcoholic cocktail ??

These were all variations on a chocolate theme , the initial trial back end of last year the flavours were meh but they've really got them right now so  it might go to market 

been to the cinema tonight and couldn't face my usual bucket of popcorn :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Why would anyone want a non alcoholic cocktail ??

Because cocktails are delicious and not everyone drinks alcohol for a variety of reasons? Why would anyone drink any soft drink, eh?! :P 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Because cocktails are delicious and not everyone drinks alcohol for a variety of reasons? Why would anyone drink any soft drink, eh?! :P 

well a can of coke is simples , you just get it out the fridge  ... but a cocktail requires chopping shit up , shaking it all about and getting the right blend ... that's wayyyy to much agro for something that isn't going to make you dance like John Travolta at the end of the night

• Like 2

Just been for an Indian at Barton, which was the best lamb balti I've ever had by the way. Anyway My wife went to the doctors today because she's got a prolapse which started last year and it's got worse because of this pregnancy. The doctor she seen only ended up walking into the Indian and was sat on the table next to us. It made her feel a bit uncomfortable, but the doc was very professional about things, although at the end when we was leaving he smiled and raised his eyebrows as if to say how are things down below :D I thought it was bloody great. But yeah if anyone is close to Barton under-needwood and likes Indian food, try little India. Superb curry. 

16 minutes ago, Rodders said:

But you haven't confirmed you said yes. :ph34r:

Well, obviously I said no first, he would have expected no less! And I did point out that SHE might say no - he's planning to propose on their holiday in Iceland next month. 

Anyway, more bloody expense... 

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well, obviously I said no first, he would have expected no less! And I did point out that SHE might say no - he's planning to propose on their holiday in Iceland next month. 

Anyway, more bloody expense... 

So what are the rules when it comes to paying for kids' weddings?

I know a few guys living on a pension who felt obliged to fork out even though their 30-year-old kid and partner were earning the best part of £100k between them.

Is there an age limit?

Early twenties sounds reasonable but 30 and beyond does not, so what are the guidelines?

For how many marriages do the parental duties apply? 

And, if a parent hands over a few grand towards a wedding, what about the kids who don't get married - should they get equivalent financial compensation?

Edited by MakemineVanilla

Â