Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 6 October 2016 at 21:06, ArizonaVillan said:

This ...from the North American meetup a couple weekends back ...

Yippee Aye Ale sm.jpg

You have a meet up to celebrate the Villa across the pond? Sorry, I completely missed this post distracted by Ms Chan. But absolute respect to you and your pals. Sorry that there hasn't been much to celebrate lately or in the last few years but the fact you meet up still and keep the faith, just I dunno, " fair play" (as we say sometimes). Hello, welcome and "good on you" mr American villan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArizonaVillan said:

Thanks ...you'd be surprised at the following here. Not anywhere near the level of the plastic clubs ...but still, substantial. Pretty much most major cities have a supporters club. I'm chairman of the Houston supporters club (yes, that's a thing) & we consistently had several show up every week at the local pub we share with the Houston Spurs (also a Bayern Munich bar ...if the name doesn't give it away). Fewer matches on TV now after the relegation. But the regulars are there at every opportunity. We get tons of respect from other supporter groups for our level of pain tolerance. Even the local MLS radio/TV announcer gives us the occasional shout-out. 

On the North American meetup ...this was the fourth annual. I've made two myself. It grows every year. Around 100 or so Villans there this time. It's usually in a destination type city that people naturally want to travel to ...Chicago this year, San Diego last year ...my money's on Austin for next year. Great party town & only a three hour drive for me. Ian Taylor showed up this year & had such a good time he vowed to make it an annual tradition. 

See ...all yanks are not glory hunters. Oh, and just because I love it, our flag ...

bar-munich-flag-med.jpg

Good on you mate. That's some true dedication, nice to be seeing this. "You guys rock!"

edit I'll reply later when more time, I've just seen your thread in the supporters club forum too, find this very interesting indeed.

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, krisagg75 said:

never read this before.can't stop crying with laughter.f in brilliant.

it was a great thread. Well worth the time reading it all if you get chance 

^ good thread. I've just had an awesome mixed grill followed by a huge piece of chocolate cake with custard. Found this place on the sea front and after we had eaten we went for a walk on the beach, with the breeze blowing against our faces and the beautiful sound of the ocean, it was one of those moments. Love the coast and love a full belly. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

I would like to live on the cost.. think its an ambition/goal for a lot of Midlanders as we live as far away from it as possible. I could imagine myself in a seafront apartment in a place like Scarborough, Whitby, Filey, etc

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

I would like to live on the cost.. think its an ambition/goal for a lot of Midlanders as we live as far away from it as possible. I could imagine myself in a seafront apartment in a place like Scarborough, Whitby, Filey, etc

But not Barry, no? Don't blame ya.

Â