Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Going to Ireland on Sat for a family wedding.

Spent most of my holidays over there when I was a nipper but its amazing how many things get in the way when you get older. Considering how close we are (with Birmingham airport next door) this kind of thing should happen far more often.

Plus Im booking up a new years boarding trip with 2 close mates and their families. Since one lives in Switzerland and the other in Johanesberg we hardly see each other now, and what better backdrop to do it in!

Garbage were **** bollocks. A producers' plaything fronted by that talentless bint Shirley whatsherface. Load of rubbish.

But back on topic, there's nothing better than getting home from a hard day at work and being greeted by both the kids rushing out to meet me. Lovely!

Garbage were **** bollocks. A producers' plaything fronted by that talentless bint Shirley whatsherface. Load of rubbish.

She (Manson) had a bit of a flirt with me after a Goodbye Mr Mackenzie gig (she was one of the backing singers at the time) years ago and intimated in some harsh Scottish dialect that she would be up for anything. I declined as I thought she looked like someone had set fire to her face and put it out with a cricket bat.

Years later after reading about her infamous 'cornflakes' incident I realised it was a very lucky escape. Dirty, untalented (unless you count creativity with cereal) bitch.

Small Heath losing.

Unfortunate accidents / medical / horrific administrative errors or mishaps involving small heath scum.

Finding out I have the house to myself for a bit (2+ hours), PES + EVE online.

The odd glimpse of the white triangle when fit birds forget about it in short skirts(Don't lie everyone it's pre-programmed instinct and it's impossible to stop yourself unless your a bit strange)

A new bags of weed

Old films (I'll tell you what does not make me happy, the fact that while in theory it's possible I am no where nearer creating a cloned version of Grace Kelly aged 22. The DNA collection and subsequent testing of the machine needed are, well I'll be brutally honest here financially crippling at the moment.)

If I am unhappy but my Mrs is happy then I feel I am on the way to happiness, it can't be that bad if she is OK, if you see what I mean.

Making models and gluing things to things and getting fibre optics to finally work.

Leaving hospital once they got the glue off (Not really ):D

Villa winning of course, that's easy but when combined with SHA losing is basically giggles in a box all week :D

:D

I already technically started this thread.....and it did die. Quickly.

Still...........

My husband doing Yoda impressions.

Watching Hitchhikers Guide. Goonies. Shag. Spaceballs. Scary Movie 3. Adventures in Babysitting. Killer Clowns from Outer Pace. Firewalker. Old SNL skits.

Having people sing to me *especially the husband*

Being at Crescent Beach

Chocolate chip cookies from Publix

Lots of sex followed by a cool down period and THEN lots of cuddles *yes....with the husband*

Dancing

When it rains while the sun is out.

Heat lightning.

Lots of things either make me happy or cheer me up easily.....I could continue but it would take a long time....I feel this is enough. :)

Finding money in my pocket

Listening to my ipod on random and hearing a song I'd completely forgotten about!

Realising that I can watch Thursday's Villa game after I originally thought I couldn't! :D

Killer Clowns from Outer Pace.

That film should for all intents and purposes be awful and yet it's sort of not.

I know!!! Thats what makes it so great and partially why it cheers me up.

Similarly, when a line of people are in the outside lane of a dual carriage way overtaking a truck and some knob undertakes the whole line, tries to push in at the front, fails and then ends up sitting behind the truck while everyone goes back past him. Golden.

Similarly, when a line of people are in the outside lane of a dual carriage way overtaking a truck and some knob undertakes the whole line, tries to push in at the front, fails and then ends up sitting behind the truck while everyone goes back past him. Golden.

and even loses the slot he was originally in. Makes you warm & fuzzy alright :)

Â