Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

16 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

for the first time in forever I haven't gone down the road to watch my local club

we've had a bit of a change of personnel doing different jobs, handed over tosome other to give then a go

so tonight I thought **** it, don't go to the game, blag a late table at an always fully booked place

had a right good night, squeezed in at the bar as a favout, spent a **** ton of money, caught up with old friend, taped the game

get home, decide I can still focus enough to wathc the game - and it's cancelled cos of a floodlight failure

absolute result

I was bumbling about with the telly channels last night, attempting to find the cricket and Sgorio was on the C4C channel - Barry were playing someone. All the commo was in welsh and then they did a Julio Gordio moment....."lots of welsh..clean through...lots of welsh". Made I laugh.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

I was bumbling about with the telly channels last night, attempting to find the cricket and Sgorio was on the C4C channel - Barry were playing someone. All the commo was in welsh and then they did a Julio Gordio moment....."lots of welsh..clean through...lots of welsh". Made I laugh.

That's pretty much the Welsh that I can almost / barely / sort of speak. There's obviously a Welsh version of 'what a goal!' or 'the ref has no male parent at home'. But in the heat of the moment, it's a mix n mash.

It's partly done as it's a relaxed informal programme done live with minimal thinking time. It's partly done because sometimes the commentators aren't utterly 100% fluent first language types. It's partly done to keep people like me in the loop.

I'm guessing the commentator last night was probably Dylan Ebz, and that's pretty much how he speaks 'in real life' as it were, popping in and out of welsh / english / welsh.

If the creative hub were still doing the programme, the next one would be something riffing on We've got a fuzzbox and we're gonna use it. 

But fusebox, not fuzzbox.

They'll miss us. Yma o hyd!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm sorry but if he said that, he's just not being honest.

One of those early songs, was a direct rip of a Real People song (I forget which), it was settled out of court and part of the deal was the Real People were given the support slot on a tour. Liam did acknowledge the RP connection, sort of last year or the year before

The Real People had quite a big role in the Definitely Maybe anniversary DVD talking about the early demos, I think they only got writing credit for Rockin Chair.  I dont think there is any cloaks and daggers about it all.

36 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think they only got writing credit for Rockin Chair.  I dont think there is any cloaks and daggers about it all.

They do now, they didn't then. Settled out of court as I said and part of the pay off was the tour support

I've never been one to leave a match before the final whistle. But a VT match thread is a different matter. I bailed from the Sheffield United thread on 80 minutes, and until a couple of minutes ago, I assumed the final score was 0-3. Just discovered it was 3-all!  :)

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've never been one to leave a match before the final whistle. But a VT match thread is a different matter. I bailed from the Sheffield United thread on 80 minutes, and until a couple of minutes ago, I assumed the final score was 0-3. Just discovered it was 3-all!  :)

How did you not stumble across the final score or be curious about it until now? (16 hours ago obviously :)  )

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Not before you posted a few VT favourites i hope ?

FFS !

and there it is !

I'm out !

Laughable 

Bruceball all over again. 

If you didn't then are you even a true VTer ? 😉

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

How did you not stumble across the final score or be curious about it until now? (16 hours ago obviously :)  )

Dunno, really, but when we've lost badly (as I assumed we had) I tend to be in a foul mood and avoid even thinking about football, let alone look stuff up. 

On 10/02/2019 at 15:51, chrisp65 said:

That's pretty much the Welsh that I can almost / barely / sort of speak

just the chap to ask  ... Is that amazon echo video doing the rounds  of it saying 100 in Welsh accurate ?

(sounds a  bit like the surname of the presenter of Play school / another word for a ladies nether regions

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

just the chap to ask  ... Is that amazon echo video doing the rounds  of it saying 100 in Welsh accurate ?

(sounds a  bit like the surname of the presenter of Play school / another word for a ladies nether regions

I don't know the video, but depending on your accent, yeah, can sound the same.

But when I'm on a Bangor City messageboard,  I'd usually write / spell that word with an 'o' not the 'a' that sounds like a 'u'.  Bangor City are the original hundred club. 😀

As many ex-pats / migrants will agree, hearing the name of our club in some far flung parts is quite the rarity, especially with our current league status.

So I got quite the thrill when this question popped up in our weekly pub trivia comp. last night.

Needless to say, our team were the only ones with the correct answer.

thumbnail.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PriceyDownunder said:

As many ex-pats / migrants will agree, hearing the name of our club in some far flung parts is quite the rarity, especially with our current league status.

So I got quite the thrill when this question popped up in our weekly pub trivia comp. last night.

Needless to say, our team were the only ones with the correct answer.

thumbnail.jpg

Was the one above

Angie , Jack  and ruby ?

• Like 1

I appear to have messed up my timings at work. I've cleared my desk for the week with an hour to spare.

Sure I have projects I could do some work on but it's 4pm on a Friday, I think we shall call this last hour "research" which most definitely be a euphemism for trawling the net for shits and giggles

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Listening to British ex-pats who voted for Brexit being interviewed in Spain about Brexit.

"I didn't think it meant MY free movement" :crylaugh:

"Might have shot worselves in the foot"

The group of people I have the absolute least sympathy for :crylaugh:

• Like 1

Â