Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

12 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I feel sorry for you Brits if either Dominos or Pizza Hut is even in contention for best pizza.  Every place I've lived in the US has a number of pizza places far superior to anything they produce.   The good places are usually just an independent place or part of a small, local chain.  Dominos was what we'd order late at night in college because it was still open, cheap, delivered, and after a few beers tasted just good enough to be worth the effort of eating.

like everything food wise in the UK, after the big brands (and even they do to be fair) the battle is to be cheap, the 2 for 1 specials, there are maybe 8 or 9 places in kiddy you can get a pizza, you wouldnt entertain any of them while sober, dominos here is comparatively expensive, not sure where you are but i would lazily suggest a bit more Italian ancestry? or at least the faux ancestry americans seem to love (or is that just irish) we have a lazio and milan i think 2 others too, not an italian in sight

but damn you jamie oliver if you try and change it

back on to pizza....if you get the chance check out l'osteria, chain restaurant, lots in germany, theres one in bristol, their pizzas are ridiculously big

LOsteria-Artikel.jpg

do half and half too, not loads of toppings but really good quality, i think thats about £10

On 01/02/2019 at 13:08, Mandy Lifeboats said:

A guy at work is being driven mad by his computer. When he types he gets random letters appearing and CAPS LOCK keeps activating for no reason. Despite several IT visits they can find nothing wrong. 

It might be something to do with the guy who sits opposite who has plugged an extra keyboard into a spare USB port. Every so often he just hits a random key or turns on CAPS LOCK. He unplugs it as soon as IT are on the way. 

Perfect.

Is his name Dem? :D

• Like 2

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1090608662274629632?s=20

EDIT: Dammit, I followed the 'site issues' Twitter instructions ('copy link to tweet & paste), but it isn't working. 

EDIT2: Not to mention the fact that there's no sound (there was when I saw it linked on FB). 

Mod edit :)

Edited by blandy
Linked the right thing
  • Like 1

I do quite like Papa John's but they don't deliver where I've moved to. My gf loves Domino's but I'm really not a fan. I'd rather go to a dirty cheap kebab type pizza place than have a Domino's. 

Edited by PieFacE

10 hours ago, SuperTed said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but I think Papa Johns pips them both. 

It does, when all you've had available for years was PH or Domino's.

A few local Pizza houses have not been to bad as an alternative change over the years.

Anyone ever ventured into Pizza Express?In all my years on the planet I've never ever tried it.

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It does, when all you've had available for years was PH or Domino's.

A few local Pizza houses have not been to bad as an alternative change over the years.

Anyone ever ventured into Pizza Express?In all my years on the planet I've never ever tried it.

We used to go to Pizza Express all the time, but what ruined it is being able to buy their pizzas in the supermarket.  They dont taste anything special when you cook them at home which put me off them really, though I suspect they are a lot better freshly done in the restaurant.  In general I'm not really one for Italian restaurants, though there is one near us that mixes it up by making pasta dishes with game and other slightly different twists.

• Like 1

Â