Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

no you cant

if you are going to have a bbq pizza then you have a bbq base surely? if you have a mexican pizza then you tweak the base, same for tandoori etc

you cant just have the same tomato / marinara sauce for all

Tomato/Marinara base is one of the most important aspects of it qualifying as a pizza for me.

BBQ base is far too sweet.  Might as well smear it in chocolate.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Tomato/Marinara base is one of the most important aspects of it qualifying as a pizza for me.

Sounds like a great idea. I will report back with my findings.

9 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I know someone who is convinced mashed potato would be a brilliant pizza topping but hasn't tried it yet.

Well I suppose people do use crème fraîche as a pizza topping, so if it was properly seasoned it could work.  But then over here having 4 different types of spud on the same plate is perfectly reasonable.

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well I suppose people do use crème fraîche as a pizza topping, so if it was properly seasoned it could work.  But then over here having 4 different types of spud on the same plate is perfectly reasonable.

I remember the first time I had a meal in an Italian restaurant in Ireland, ordered spaghetti bolognese, and was asked what sort of potatoes I wanted with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I remember the first time I had a meal in an Italian restaurant in Ireland, ordered spaghetti bolognese, and was asked what sort of potatoes I wanted with it. 

Proper order (no pun intended)

• Like 1

On 31/01/2019 at 21:56, villa4europe said:

if i was in charge with opinions like that it would be your last meal

If it is, please make sure the beans are kept separate :P

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Agreed, I like BBQ base in very small doses but it is ridiculously sweet. 

The Dominos BBQ Meateor is sublime for the first few bites then it is a stroke waiting to happen 

I feel sorry for you Brits if either Dominos or Pizza Hut is even in contention for best pizza.  Every place I've lived in the US has a number of pizza places far superior to anything they produce.   The good places are usually just an independent place or part of a small, local chain.  Dominos was what we'd order late at night in college because it was still open, cheap, delivered, and after a few beers tasted just good enough to be worth the effort of eating.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BOF said:

I like BBQ sauce 'n all, but on a pizza it's quite off-putting.  Too strong a flavour to belong as a base IMNSHO.

Yep same. It’s too strong. A couple of bites and it’s nice but after a few slices it’s overpowering

8 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I feel sorry for you Brits if either Dominos or Pizza Hut is even in contention for best pizza.  Every place I've lived in the US has a number of pizza places far superior to anything they produce.   The good places are usually just an independent place or part of a small, local chain.  Dominos was what we'd order late at night in college because it was still open, cheap, delivered, and after a few beers tasted just good enough to be worth the effort of eating.

I't's not the best, they are just ubiquitous and often one of the very few options if you don't live in a big city or town and want a pizza delivered :)

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

26 pages on which is the best pizza to have delivered to the door.

This is why we have to have Brexit you snowflakes.

Get off your arses and walk down the chip shop for proper food. 

Shut it and go and eat coal or whatever a welsh delicacy is. 

• Haha 2

Â