Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Played a game of futsal with a new team tonight. Got off to a winning start in what was a challenging game. Lost count of how many I scored. Most importantly..

*Dances while singing "WE UNDEFEATED, WE UNDEFEATED!"*

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Ice cream.

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

That's probably my worst possible meal. 

My last meal choice would probably be a (perfectly cooked, with best quality ingredients) full English breakfast. 

Ice cream and biscuits are my real weak spots, can't say no, can't stop until there is no more

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

It makes me wonder why all dining tables don't come with pool tables built in, a bit like washing machines should have a dryer built into it.

This is a silly idea because

• the drum size of a washing machine can only cope with half the volume of clothes as a dryer as it can as a washing machine, meaning two lots of drying for one wash load unless you only wash half loads which seems a tad pointless
  • You cant have a load of washing on and a load of drying on at the same time
  • if something breaks on either half of the machine, effectively both machines are out of action

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

That's probably my worst possible meal. 

My last meal choice would probably be a (perfectly cooked, with best quality ingredients) full English breakfast. 

Calling @Xela where should the baked beans be, on the plate or in a separate pot?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Calling @Xela where should the baked beans be, on the plate or in a separate pot?

Pot of course. It's about being in control of where the beans and bean juice are distributed on your brekkie. If you are barbaric and don't care then just pour it on yourself

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

This is a silly idea because

• the drum size of a washing machine can only cope with half the volume of clothes as a dryer as it can as a washing machine, meaning two lots of drying for one wash load unless you only wash half loads which seems a tad pointless
  • You cant have a load of washing on and a load of drying on at the same time
  • if something breaks on either half of the machine, effectively both machines are out of action

They do exist, though. It’s a widely availabe product. 

(I’ve never wanted one, precisely because of your second point).

Edited by Michelsen

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Pot of course. It's about being in control of where the beans and bean juice are distributed on your brekkie. If you are barbaric and don't care then just pour it on yourself

if i was in charge with opinions like that it would be your last meal

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Michelsen said:

They do exist, though. It’s a widely availabe product. 

(I’ve never wanted one, precisely because of your second point).

Yes they are but it’s very rare to find one that can handle the same load for wash and dry. I think single people must buy them

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Yes they are but it’s very rare to find one that can handle the same load for wash and dry. I think single people must buy them

Ours does. It doesn't need to be vented to the outside, runs on a normal power outlet and saves space. Perfect for a Manhattan apartment.

Edited by TheAuthority

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is the problem with that question isn't it?

Whenever I've thought about this I've always thought "Who is cooking it?"

My answer used to be an amazing steak dinner. But if it was some prison cook incinerating a crappy steak and serving it with burnt chips then it would be an awful choice.

I don't know what I'd choose now. I might request a takeaway like a dominos pizza or curry from a particular restaurant. That way you know it'll be cooked right (or at least better!)

Domino's must be better over there than it is here.

Domino's would be the last meal I'd have.

Sh**, wait, I didn't mean it like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Domino's must be better over there than it is here.

Domino's would be the last meal I'd have.

Sh**, wait, I didn't mean it like that.

I love pizza and I love Dominos :D

Don't get me wrong, a proper italian pizza or new york style pizza made in a proper restaurant would be better.

But my thinking behind ordering from a takeaway for your last meal is that you know it would be cooked the way you'd usually expect it to be cooked.

If I asked the prison to cook me a steak (in a former life) then they might **** it up

• Like 2

dominos to me uses the cheapest nastiest base possible, the dirty 2 large pizzas for £5 place that you have to be blind drunk to entertain does a better base than dominos

the problem being that dominos has a better menu than papa johns, pizza but lets you play with the crust a bit more, papa johns IMO is the best pizza but its the worst menu, even their BBQ pizza uses the same tomato sauce, it just bust BBQ on the top, dominos and pizza hut change the tomato sauce to give it more flavour and make it different

Â