Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Further to that, it's in this thread because I really enjoy my job and this was a funny story of a stubborn man who cut off his nose to spite his face.

Like any profession, when something funny happens in the course of our work, we're allowed and encouraged to find it funny in an appropriate setting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Referring to the previous post but one (yer 'onour).  What cheers me up is there's no such thing as jaywalking in Ireland.  Which is why we're absolute **** for doing it when we're abroad :D 

nor us  here , to the point I read it ( J-Walk ) as J- Wank and assumed it was to do with looking at cute Japanese girls in blue skirts and ankle socks

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

nor us  here , to the point I read it ( J-Walk ) as J- Wank and assumed it was to do with looking at cute Japanese girls in blue skirts and ankle socks

That can't be unlearned :)

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Further to that, it's in this thread because I really enjoy my job and this was a funny story of a stubborn man who cut off his nose to spite his face.

Like any profession, when something funny happens in the course of our work, we're allowed and encouraged to find it funny in an appropriate setting.

Should have got the CS spray out. 

After your Big Mac of course :)

The police are in a bit of a no win situation.

I've been the innocent victim of bullying police that think they are in charge. 

I've also worked in a shop where I've feared some of the customers and wanted to know there's someone out there keeping an eye on the idiots, the sly, and the troubled.

On 16/01/2019 at 16:02, Stevo985 said:

My gf is taking me away this weekend. It was part of her xmas present to me.

We're staying at a hotel Sunday night in Kent and then on Monday doing a "surprise activity".

Thing is, the hotel is called "Brandshatch Hotel and Spa". And it's literally next door to Brands Hatch Circuit. I don't think she realises what "Brands Hatch" is or means.

So this whole time I've been pretending I don't know what the activity is going to be, when it's quite obviously going to be a track day.

Anyway, she revealed today what the activity is. It's not a track day at all :D 
The proximity to Brands Hatch is a complete coincidence. She really does have no idea what Brands Hatch is, so much so that she never made the connection. I've been acting like a right smug word removed this whole time and she's completely fooled me. By Accident.

Haha, you will be staying at the scene of my life moments. It wouldn’t take up a whole chapter but would deffo be worth a few pages in my life story. The short version is, I was the Best Man and I apparently ruined the wedding.

if the bar is still to the right of the main door, we filled that with a 4K PA rig at 1am to continue the party (the bars not that big)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snowychap said:

No such thing over here, either.

I, too, make sure that I cross a road wherever and whenever I deem it safe whatever country I may be in.

Because I am an idiotic prick. My first time in Vegas 2005. I decided to cross Las Vegas Boulevard not at a pedestrian crossing but just on the road a little down from the M and M store. How I didn't get killed or a ticket for Jay walking is beyond me. 

Just received this:

Dear Sirs

Further to my conversation with **** earlier today, I have been told I need to send an email enquiry in relation to the matter.

We have two clients who were injured in a road traffic accident on 28/06/2018 at Walton Hall Avenue at roughly 15:35.

Under section 35 of the Data Protection Act 1998, we make a formal request for the name and address of the driver of the vehicle, the registration number and details of the insurer.

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days.

Kind Regards

I just sent this in reply

Dear ***

Here’s a few pointers for you

(1)    The Data Protection Act 1998 is no longer current law

(2)    The 1998 Act, nor indeed the current legislation (I’ll let you look it up) allow for data sharing of this nature, in fact  they were both pretty much designed to prevent it

(3)    We have a 6 month data retention policy, this data is purged to this level on a daily basis

(4)    Drivers do not have a responsibility to report accidents to us

(5)    Even if none of the above were true, we still couldn’t identify the information you’d require from the scant details you’ve provided

(6)    I’m forwarding this email to the ICO

I look forward to never hearing from you again

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chappy said:

Excellent customer service 

What customer? this was a solicitor... that doesn't know the current law and is trying to use the law to get someone to break the law. My advice to the customer would be, get a new solicitor.

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

What customer? this was a solicitor... that doesn't know the current law and is trying to use the law to get someone to break the law. My advice to the customer would be, get a new solicitor.

Do you work in insurance?

Edit - if you don't mind my asking

Edited by bannedfromHandV

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Under section 35 of the Data Protection Act 1998, we make a formal request for the name and address of the driver of the vehicle, the registration number and details of the insurer.

Section 35(2) provides an exemption from the non-disclosure provisions where the information is necessary for the purposes of (prospective) legal proceedings, obtaining legal advice, and otherwise upholding legal rights.

:P

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

Section 35(2) provides an exemption from the non-disclosure provisions where the information is necessary for the purposes of (prospective) legal proceedings, obtaining legal advice, and otherwise upholding legal rights.

:P

Section 35 in the defunct Data Protection Act 1998, this is no longer law

Also, this provided no legal compulsion to provide the information requested anyway

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Section 35 in the defunct Data Protection Act 1998, this is no longer law

Also, this provided no legal compulsion to provide the information requested anyway

I dunno, I was just trying to look clever.

• Haha 4

Â