Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

10 hours ago, il_serpente said:

The thing that cheered me up has now transitioned to a thing that pisses me off.  The video of the London NYD Parade came up yesterday, but was promptly blocked in the US because of copyright issues.  F**king Warner Media Group.  Our son won't get to see the video of himself, nor will family who didn't want to get up at 4:00 AM to watch the parade.  My wife wanted to get a screen cap of his closeup to save and is right pissed.

can you not use some geo blocking plugin on your browser?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, il_serpente said:

The thing that cheered me up has now transitioned to a thing that pisses me off.  The video of the London NYD Parade came up yesterday, but was promptly blocked in the US because of copyright issues.  F**king Warner Media Group.  Our son won't get to see the video of himself, nor will family who didn't want to get up at 4:00 AM to watch the parade.  My wife wanted to get a screen cap of his closeup to save and is right pissed.

Was this on a UK channel? And if so, is there not some way a friendly VTer could download it? (I have no idea, I haven't had the wherewithal to record TV since the days of VCR). 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Was this on a UK channel? And if so, is there not some way a friendly VTer could download it? (I have no idea, I haven't had the wherewithal to record TV since the days of VCR). 

It's a Youtube video, so it can't be downloaded.  It turns out that the band somehow got access to a clip of their bit and put it on their facebook page, so he's gotten to see himself and we've had a chance to see it again.  Still unavailable for out of town family to see since the facebook page is a closed group, but perhaps we'll be able to find a way to get it to them.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

3 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

It's a Youtube video, so it can't be downloaded.  It turns out that the band somehow got access to a clip of their bit and put it on their facebook page, so he's gotten to see himself and we've had a chance to see it again.  Still unavailable for out of town family to see since the facebook page is a closed group, but perhaps we'll be able to find a way to get it to them.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Join the Facebook group? 

As for YouTube, dodgy download sites keep popping up before they get closed down again. Or, the paid version of YT I believe lets you download, and you may be able to get a free trial. 

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Join the Facebook group? 

As for YouTube, dodgy download sites keep popping up before they get closed down again. Or, the paid version of YT I believe lets you download, and you may be able to get a free trial. 

I pay for YouTube and you can download. But not in a way that means you can share it with anyone. It's similar to the way you download stuff on netflix. It's on your device but it's not a file that you can just send to someone.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Getting tagged by @Chindie in a Deadpool thread thinking he knows something I don't, to find I did pretty well last year.

Took me a while to figure out this wasn't about the movie.

Which kind of fits with the plot :) 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

My gf is taking me away this weekend. It was part of her xmas present to me.

We're staying at a hotel Sunday night in Kent and then on Monday doing a "surprise activity".

Thing is, the hotel is called "Brandshatch Hotel and Spa". And it's literally next door to Brands Hatch Circuit. I don't think she realises what "Brands Hatch" is or means.

So this whole time I've been pretending I don't know what the activity is going to be, when it's quite obviously going to be a track day.

Anyway, she revealed today what the activity is. It's not a track day, it's a hike with a load of husky dogs :D The proximity to Brands Hatch is a complete coincidence. She really does have no idea what Brands Hatch is, so much so that she never made the connection.

is "hike" a euphemism for "I'm going to get bummed by"? 

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My gf is taking me away this weekend. It was part of her xmas present to me.

We're staying at a hotel Sunday night in Kent and then on Monday doing a "surprise activity".

Thing is, the hotel is called "Brandshatch Hotel and Spa". And it's literally next door to Brands Hatch Circuit. I don't think she realises what "Brands Hatch" is or means.

So this whole time I've been pretending I don't know what the activity is going to be, when it's quite obviously going to be a track day.

Anyway, she revealed today what the activity is. It's not a track day at all :D 
The proximity to Brands Hatch is a complete coincidence. She really does have no idea what Brands Hatch is, so much so that she never made the connection. I've been acting like a right smug word removed this whole time and she's completely fooled me. By Accident.

It's the sex dungeon isn't it.  Well played 'Mrs' Stevo ;)

• Haha 2

Â