Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

39 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

glad  one of you was :P

In these sensitive times I am too much of a gentleman to dispute a lady's word who said yes whilst simultaneously laughing. All the evidence indicated a positive state of mind :detect:

56 minutes ago, BOF said:

Man! They're responsible for one of the greatest albums of the 90s.

1200x630bb.jpg

Secret Samedi had its moments too but great album that BOF. Used to do a cover of Dam at Otter Creek in a band back then. Waitress and I Alone were always my favourites. Shit Towne is a classic.

"The weavers live up the street from me. The crackheads live down the street from me"

29 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Secret Samedi had its moments too but great album that BOF. Used to do a cover of Dam at Otter Creek in a band back then. Waitress and I Alone were always my favourites. Shit Towne is a classic.

"The weavers live up the street from me. The crackheads live down the street from me"

Pillar of Davidson is goose bumps.  Selling The Drama is a classic.  Lightning Crashes fantastic.  It's just an absolutely superb album.  I suspect many people know some of the songs and don't realise who sings them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

1200x630bb.jpg

Well, I've seen that cover, but obviously I know nothing about them. 

Is it pronounced to rhyme with "give", or "jive"? 

And have they done a live (to rhyme with jive) album? 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well, I've seen that cover, but obviously I know nothing about them. 

Is it pronounced to rhyme with "give", or "jive"? 

And have they done a live (to rhyme with jive) album? 

Jive

• Thanks 1

LIVE are **** fantastic.

Saw them er...live and they were absolutely superb. Top drawer musicians and Ed Kowalczyk has an incredible voice (pity he's such a bellend).

They aren't exactly an obscure band either. Didn't Throwing Copper sell 6 or 7 million copies? Although i always preferred Secret Samadhi tbh.9

**Edit** just checked and its over 8 million. Blimey.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, BOF said:

Lightning Crashes

This will still get banged out if I've picked up my acoustic and in the mood for a sing song. Forgot about that one. Iris is on there too isn't it?

Surprised by the general reaction though I thought they were well mainstream. Didn't really break the UK I suppose.

My mate phoned me up once years ago from the middle of a Live gig in New Zealand when he was out there just to rub it in my face.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

LIVE are **** fantastic.

Saw them er...live and they were absolutely superb. Top drawer musicians and Ed Kowalczyk has an incredible voice (pity he's such a bellend).

They aren't exactly an obscure band either. Didn't Throwing Copper sell 6 or 7 million copies? Although i always preferred Secret Samadhi tbh.9

**Edit** just checked and its over 8 million. Blimey.

He went very preachy.  'The Distance to Here' was very 'out there' in parts.  Hopefully he's back in Sanityland now.  Read an interview with him where he was bursting with enthusiasm to be back with the guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

1200x630bb.jpg

like I'm gonna listen to a band who have Jeremy Corbyn on the album  cover

Â