Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Taking the dog to the park, come ran or shine is one of the very best things, do dogs smile - 100% yes they do.

so do cats , but they are smiling cause they know they've made you stand out in a a garden in the pissing rain trying to get them to come home so they don't get wet , whilst they are being fed and having their tummy tickled by the neighbour 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

My partner gave birth to our first child today. **** delighted doesn't even begin to cover what i'm feeling right now. Absolutely surreal in a good way.

Awesome mate, it’s a very special time. Congratulations!! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

My partner gave birth to our first child today. **** delighted doesn't even begin to cover what i'm feeling right now. Absolutely surreal in a good way.

Congrats to you both - what have you had and what name have you gone for?

This is just the start of many many great days for you! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Congratulations, my one piece of advice which I have given to every parent since I had my own kids is to try and get hold of a copy of Baby Mozart by the Baby Einstein company.  It's no longer in circulation, it was on YouTube for a while, not sure if it still is. 

Honestly it's miraculous, it's like giving them ketamine. 

Don't be fobbed off with Baby Shakespeare or Baby Beethoven, the child will look at you like "what's this shit you're trying to pull on me, I want the real stuff" 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Congratulations! The first couple of relatively sleepless nights (due to excitement, for want of a better word) are very surreal.

Enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

Yeah mine was the same, it's learning the noises that they make and being ready to pounce, my daughter maybe woke up twice her first night but me and my wife didn't get any sleep, **** me she made a right racket, always gurgling and sighing and god knows what else and we were "what's that??" like meercats 

Its all part of the fun, you'll have a great time, my friend had a kid the same time as me and he summed it up best, its the most rewarding thing you'll ever do, the more you put in the more they give back

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Congratulations, my one piece of advice which I have given to every parent since I had my own kids is to try and get hold of a copy of Baby Mozart by the Baby Einstein company.  It's no longer in circulation, it was on YouTube for a while, not sure if it still is. 

Honestly it's miraculous, it's like giving them ketamine. 

Don't be fobbed off with Baby Shakespeare or Baby Beethoven, the child will look at you like "what's this shit you're trying to pull on me, I want the real stuff" 

We had the entire Baby Einstein series when ours were little.  True sanity savers.   Of course, our oldest still just sits with his eyes bulging and mouth hanging open any time he's in front of a TV set.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PieFacE said:

You're buggered financially in December forever more. After about the age of of 6/7 Santa stops helping you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Many, many congratulations to you both. 👏🏻🎊

I have two little ones (ages 9 and 7) and although you’ll have stress and tiredness, they bring so much happiness.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Congrats to you both - what have you had and what name have you gone for?

This is just the start of many many great days for you! 

Thank you and everyone else! We had a boy called Leo! 

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

Here you go, you're welcome. 

Cheers mate! Will be playing this a lot. 

• Like 1

On 08/12/2021 at 18:50, PieFacE said:

Congrats. It'll be the absolute best thing you've ever done. Lean into it would be the best advice I can give. Change nappies ASAP and get used to it whilst they don't smell to bad. They'll make you smile more then you can imagine just by doing something mundane and 5 minutes later they'll do something else mundane which will annoy you more than you've ever been annoyed, but 5 minutes after that they'll make you smile again. 

Best advice I received was that it was perfectly normal to get really annoyed at them, it doesn't mean that you're a bad person or father, everyone feels that way sometimes. Just take a breath or walk away and speak to your partner about it as you're in it together. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Congrats. It'll be the absolute best thing you've ever done. Lean into it would be the best advice I can give. Change nappies ASAP and get used to it whilst they don't smell to bad. They'll make you smile more then you can imagine just by doing something mundane and 5 minutes later they'll do something else mundane which will annoy you more than you've ever been annoyed, but 5 minutes after that they'll make you smile again. 

Best advice I received was that it was perfectly normal to get really annoyed at them, it doesn't mean that you're a bad person or father, everyone feels that way sometimes. Just take a breath or walk away and speak to your partner about it as you're in it together. 

@PieFacE this is great advice. Raised my daughter who is 33 and helped raise my grandson who is 5. Ignore these other clowns, this is perfect advice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Whisky. It's just frigging lovely. 

Single malt obviously. 

Yep, whiskey is great, still the best spirit.

But beware the single malt snob. There are blends that are better than singles.

Â