Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

2 stouts in at the robin hood beer festival 😁

Went there a few times when it was at The Castle. Great festival, not been since it's moved. 

I wouldn't be drinking any stouts though :puke:

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I do miss a good beer festival. 

What state are you in now?! 

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Just now, Xela said:

I do miss a good beer festival. 

What state are you in now?! 

I’m gonna state quite confidently that Davkaus is now one of the merry men.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Got home a few hours ago, I'm hungover on the same day. Jesus christ.

Started with a half of an old favourite of mine, Storming the Emperor's Castle, at 11:30 this morning. 13.5% of stouty deliciousness, and my highlight of the day. I got a couple of bottles of the cherry/bourbon infused version to bring home, which they'd sadly ran out of in cask days before.

Magpie was in second place, a tie between a strawberry/vanilla stout, and a passionfruit/marshmellow stout. Two brilliant imperials around 8%, with some very generous pours from their head brewer who was happy to spend ages talking about them. their classic cherry stout, Cherry Raven, was available, but I can get my hands on that in local shops so I gave that a miss. Delicious stuff that's well worth a go, though.

Other highlights were a mango/guava sour from Vault City, and a 13% smoked stout from Holy Goat called Goatsmoke. Also had a blueberry and mocha stout (about 6%, I'd call it a session beer) from Shipstones, well worth a go if you get the chance.

Dishonourable mention for Brecon Brewing's 10% dark IPA named "mind bleach". Flat, rancid shite that went down the drain after a sip.

The day was broken up with a nice view over Trent Bridge cricket ground, and curry and samosas from Memsaab, but sadly I was pissed and on the way home before the live music started.

9zIVXWJ.png

Funny thing, despite the time of year everytime I've been to Nottingham beer festival it's been a lovely sunny day, and the people I used to go with who had been going there for longer say the same. 

It ought to be odds on for shit weather. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I absolutely love beer, but beer festivals don't appeal to me one little bit. 

Preferably a pub, secondly in a comfy chair/sofa with sports on, thirdly as part of dinner.

drink-thirsty.gif

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

@Xela After logging off work, polishing off a pizza with a week off work on the horizon

I can't be the only person waiting for a car in the other direction to wipe him out?  No? Just my own dark thoughts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I can't be the only person waiting for a car in the other direction to wipe him out?  No? Just my own dark thoughts. 

You mean like this?

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Â