Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I didn’t recognise Ghost Town from the title, just had a listen and yes I remember it now.

Rubbish though, I’m surprised it got to number 1. 

Toy Story What GIF

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Me and a few mates "sung" this at Karaoke in Lake Balaton one time  ..its safe to say nobody in the club had really heard this song before based on the baffled looks we received

we won the crowd over by performing the next song completely naked , but that's another story   

suffice to say , whever I hear Ghost town i kinda chuckle to myself  at the night out and how bad our rendition was   ..then get embarrassed when i remember what followed

karl pilkington bullshit GIF

I cannot think of any circumstance which involves you getting naked that actually makes things better. 

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

karl pilkington bullshit GIF

I cannot think of any circumstance which involves you getting naked that actually makes things better. 

home video belly GIF

how could you not be entertained by this

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Maybe the other people in the club were just much too young to remember The Specials. 

I'm not a radio one Dj  i don't hang out in clubs with children :)    ..

We did a couple of 80's songs that they did seem to know , guess The Specials just never made it to that neck of the woods

35 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm not a radio one Dj  i don't hang out in clubs with children :)    ..

We did a couple of 80's songs that they did seem to know , guess The Specials just never made it to that neck of the woods

baseball joke GIF

• Haha 1

I think “Ghost Town” is an “important” song, for want of a better word. It certainly encapsulates that time, whether that was the case at the time or whether it’s more retrospectively I couldn’t say. So I have fair amount of respect for it.

I don’t really ever find myself wanting to listen to it. If it comes on the radio, fine, happy to hear it. But I’d sooner put on “too much too young”.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think “Ghost Town” is an “important” song, for want of a better word. It certainly encapsulates that time, whether that was the case at the time or whether it’s more retrospectively I couldn’t say. So I have fair amount of respect for it.

I don’t really ever find myself wanting to listen to it. If it comes on the radio, fine, happy to hear it. But I’d sooner put on “too much too young”.

A better song for sure but there is something hugely atmospheric about Ghost Town that whisks you away.  Reminds me of That's Entertainment in that regards. 

56 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Having been fairly vocal in my frustrations over not being able to watch live football, imagine my joy when learning last night that they’ve increased the maximum fans allowed in Oslo to 600 and learning today that I’ve been given a ticket for a game tonight.  

I’ve quit watching football altogether. I’ve always been a club over country type of fan anyway , but I have zero interest in watching England or any other national team . Can’t remember the last villa game I watched. I’m done with footy, it won’t get anymore of my ££££ until things improve for the match going fan. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not sure if this is one for the cheer you up or piss you off thread. I haven’t watched a football being kicked for many years. Not the last world cup or the euros if memory serves. My grandson got in from school and asked if he can stay up and watch the england match with me on Friday. May have to acquaint myself with some footballers. Heskey is still playing for England right?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Not sure if this is one for the cheer you up or piss you off thread. I haven’t watched a football being kicked for many years. Not the last world cup or the euros if memory serves. My grandson got in from school and asked if he can stay up and watch the england match with me on Friday. May have to acquaint myself with some footballers. Heskey is still playing for England right?

You don’t watch the Villa?

18 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

You don’t watch the Villa?

I come here for the bants. I got turned off football a while back and its never won me back. Its not an exaggeration I am just no longer interested, sadly. 

• Sad 4

Â