Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Exactly this! Apart from being different, it's totally counterintuitive. 

(Although why anybody would choose to move from Leeds to Bradford is itself a mystery). 

Money goes further and closer to work. Whilst it's a Bradford postcode it's basically Bingley which is a very nice area. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Money goes further and closer to work. Whilst it's a Bradford postcode it's basically Bingley which is a very nice area. 

I believe they are building society there

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Are Birmingham still only collecting bags or have they finally moved to Wheelie Bins?

It was like moving to a different country on bin day when we moved over the border to Solihull.  No rubbish strewn across the street every morning by savaging foxes.

Depends on where you live but I think most are on wheelie bins now

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Depends on where you live but I think most are on wheelie bins now

Oh, right.  Must have missed that strike. 

53 minutes ago, bickster said:

I believe they are building society there

Sadly (or perhaps not) it's now a Lidl where the head office used to be. One of our favourite parks just in behind it. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Sadly (or perhaps not) it's now a Lidl where the head office used to be. One of our favourite parks just in behind it. 

Beat me to it. On both counts. We often do a walk from the car park behind the (erstwhile) Ferrands Arms, along the river, up onto the moor, down past the golf course via St Ives estate and through the park. 

This cheers me up, so back on topic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Beat me to it. On both counts. We often do a walk from the car park behind the (erstwhile) Ferrands Arms, along the river, up onto the moor, down past the golf course via St Ives estate and through the park. 

I often put the little one on my bike and cycle down to the park along the canal and up along the river to the playground, then grab a treat from Lidl. He loves that day out and think I might do it tomorrow. We also love St Ives with the big playground and it's woods (it's nice to see the work they're doing to plant indigenous trees).

Skipton has a great playground but the park isn't great for walks etc. 

Never actually been to the Ferrands, one of the few pubs in Bingley we've not tried. I like Martinez Wines and the Old White Horse if going for food. Shame Galo's closed as that was a cracking Italian restaurant. 

Our Admin Dept started to throw their weight about today regarding other people updating drivers information and swapping vehicles etc. They basically sent a cease and desist email to me and a few others....

Ten minutes later the Company Secretary fires one back... All managers can update driver information, the only way this wouldn't be the case is if Admin are prepared to be open 24/7 or contactable at home 24/7 like our on-call managers.

There is also no point in a manager who in the course of their daily duties needs to update something, passing that person through to admin to do the update and then passing them back to the relevant manger to finish the job they were already doing. That would be a waste of time

As expected, no response and they've been put back in their box 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It's closed, isn't it? (Quite apart from the covid closure, I mean). 

Honestly don't know but quite possibly. Moved to just outside the town a few years ago and didn't recognise the name (not really a pub person anymore and would usually go to Ilkley or Leeds if I was). I Googled it, name came up and looked familiar. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Bulgaria. Metal wheelie dump on each street corner. Rubbish thrown in everyday and rubbish collected everynight. 

You can leave anything against the bin and the Roma will have it away in 20 minutes. 

Hanoi is like that, but even more so. People will whisk away *anything* you leave on your step, which is nice as a lazy person, but in practice it is put into enormous dumps where people are up all night sorting it, yet it mostly still then goes into the same untreated holes in the ground - or the ocean - anyway.

zing__vov.vn___landfil_lat_night_2.jpg

On 18/03/2021 at 15:18, mjmooney said:

Ilkley? 

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Ilkley? 

Will be Harden Moor I think. 

Ilkely is a few miles in the other direction. Ilkley Moor (Cow and Calf rocks etc) is also just a tiny bit of the larger Rombalds Moor which nobody has heard of and is named after a local legend of a wife beating giant who fought with other giants. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Will be Harden Moor I think. 

Ilkely is a few miles in the other direction. Ilkley Moor (Cow and Calf rocks etc) is also just a tiny bit of the larger Rombalds Moor which nobody has heard of and is named after a local legend of a wife beating giant who fought with other giants. 

^^^^^

What he said. 

We regularly walk on all those. Both wi' and baht 'at. 

Â