Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On the actors and stage names thing.

I was in school with a lad called Andrew Hickman who went into acting (he's been in a few ads and some minor TV roles). He goes to register with EQUITY and there's already an Andrew Hickman, so he has to pick another name, he goes for Andrew Grainger.

The absolute prat

Andrew Grainger was the name of one of his mates

Yeah so that doesn't cause much confusion at all

Just now, bickster said:

Knowing how the Sunday Sport works the headline really should be "We pay bloke with big beard to be part of our bogus story"

A mate of mine once got paid by them to dress up in a Thunderbirds Costume and claim he couldn't get it up unless he wore the costume.

It was enough back then to get about ten of us pissed for an entire weekend

No No No - They're all true!

Cu16TclWYAA1yHE.thumb.jpg.274cc7324a2abc76bb1a716f860f7f8f.jpg

img.jpg.f085530cb6b11951a1166baf3dfbc2a5.jpg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Xann said:

No No No - They're all true!

Nothing will beat "WWII Bomber found on moon" with requisite Lancaster Bomber supoerimposed on a picture of the moon making the bomber about 100 miles long

Then a few weeks later... "WWII Bomber found on the Moon... VANISHES!" with just a picture of the moon.

BOGOF... Genius!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Nothing will beat "WWII Bomber found on moon" with requisite Lancaster Bomber supoerimposed on a picture of the moon making the bomber about 100 miles long

Then a few weeks later... "WWII Bomber found on the Moon... VANISHES!" with just a picture of the moon.

BOGOF... Genius!

<pedant> It was a Consolidated B-24, not a Lancaster </pedant> 

• Haha 1

Family across the road who did not adhere to any lockdown, moved their sons boyfriend in at the height due to their sons mental health, organised an orchestral Christmas lights switch on as it’s been a tough year.  All planned for the 5th December, mince pies and mulled wine, neighbours on both sides have already done their decorations and lights are up and blazing, cheers me up no end.  Take that you genuflecting Tories

• Like 1

On 16/11/2020 at 07:57, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I received my Dutch Passport last week. 

I now have 2 passports so Brexit cannot get me.

image.png.ad51aff519481e8e9060aa87d6c9a43b.png

My new passport has been delivered, on the contrary to you, Brexit **** me big time.

C7-B7-C4-DA-21-BB-47-C1-965-E-745772-E6-

I finally got round to doing my Irish Passport application and was very excited to see it being delivered... only to realise it was just them sending it back telling me they're not accepting physical applications at the moment because of covid 

But it cheers me up that I'll have it soon!

• Like 1

On 14/11/2020 at 17:52, Mark Albrighton said:

Definitely one for either the boring thread or the pointless trivia thread, however as we’re here.... I recently found out that the bloke on the left in this scene from the classic Columbo episode “Etude in Black” is the reason Michael J. Fox has the initial J in his name (equity rules).

Also equally trivial, Michael J. Fox’s full name is Michael Andrew Fox.

5CCDEF66-2E16-42FC-81F8-B40271CC2998.jpeg

Definitely pointless trivia and therefore right up my street :D:thumb:

• Thanks 1

I have an Irish surname but don't qualify for an Irish passport. Neither does my sister although her daughter and husband do so she's gonna have fun at airports. Her and also my only hope is Scotland joining the EU as all of us (except then hilariously my own mother) would qualify for a Scottish passport 

4 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

I have an Irish surname but don't qualify for an Irish passport. Neither does my sister although her daughter and husband do so she's gonna have fun at airports. Her and also my only hope is Scotland joining the EU as all of us (except then hilariously my own mother) would qualify for a Scottish passport 

Wales for me but that seems some way off yet

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I finally got round to doing my Irish Passport application and was very excited to see it being delivered... only to realise it was just them sending it back telling me they're not accepting physical applications at the moment because of covid 

But it cheers me up that I'll have it soon!

I'll get round to doing mine one day. My brother did his not long after the vote.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

My surname sounds Irish, is this basis for getting hold of an Irish passport?

Serious answer: if either of your parents were born in Ireland then you are automatically an Irish citizen. So applying for a passport is just the usual process plus including documents that prove your citizneship (Mother's birth certificate, marriage certificate and your own birth certificate)

If only your grandparents were born in Ireland then you aren't automatically an Irish citizen. But you are eligible for citizenship. So you have to apply for that first and THEN apply for your passport

Non-serious answer: yes, if your name is Cascarino

• Like 1

Â