Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Interviewed someone today, started with the routine small talk about how weird it was holding interviews over VC. The candidate offered the phrase "Yeah. I'm wearing shoes". I let that dangle in silence for a few seconds.

• Like 1

On 14/09/2020 at 02:26, maqroll said:

Just watched a live Zoom reading of The Princess Bride featuring most of the original cast. They did it to raise money for the Wisconsin Democrats to defeat Trump. Not without technical glitches, but really well done and very heartwarming. 

As you wish, VillaTalk

Ov1wrV6.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Compare and contrast: Noel Gallagher. 

As big of an Oasis fan as I am Noel Gallagher has turned into an enormous word removed since the band split. Obviously he was always a bit of a dick/troll for publicity reasons back in the day but he seems like a complete prick now.

• Like 2

was about to say the same, there's some of the interviews he does where I find him quite funny, his frank skinner one for absolute radio or the hot ones interview where he says some stuff about fans being idiots etc but I can laugh at it

this with the mask is utter bollocks though, feels like lime lighting and a huge misjudgement of the public

fully expecting liam to respond by getting off his tits at 10am in his garden and playing wonderwall on a frying pan whilst wearing a mask, which is perfectly in line with his audience 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve still not had one (Orange Twirl).
I actually preordered a load of them from Amazon when I was a bit tipsy but then cancelled the order the next day.

I saw some in the co op and grabbed 4 to take home and share. 

It was just an orange flavoured slightly crumbly chocolate bar. Don't really know what else to say apart from the hype was definitely not worth it.

46 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I've just remembered a time at school when a girl that was being bullied tricked her bully into eating a big slab of laxative chocolate. She was off school for two days. Makes me smile.

You can't say that and not tell us how she did it

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You can't say that and not tell us how she did it

I wanted to embellish the story and say she tricked her in to stealing it from her and then showed her the packet after she scoffed the lot, but in truth she just offered her it and said "I don't like this, do you want it?"

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I wanted to embellish the story and say she tricked her in to stealing it from her and then showed her the packet after she scoffed the lot, but in truth she just offered her it and said "I don't like this, do you want it?"

Oh I slightly misunderstood. I thought you meant the bully had tried to make her eat it. And she somehow turned it around and tricked the bully into eating it :D

Like some sort of "I don't believe that's even laxative. prove it!"

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

was about to say the same, there's some of the interviews he does where I find him quite funny, his frank skinner one for absolute radio or the hot ones interview where he says some stuff about fans being idiots etc but I can laugh at it

this with the mask is utter bollocks though, feels like lime lighting and a huge misjudgement of the public

fully expecting liam to respond by getting off his tits at 10am in his garden and playing wonderwall on a frying pan whilst wearing a mask, which is perfectly in line with his audience 

Like you say, he was very good on Absolute Radio with Skinner and that interview he did with Dermot O'Dreary, but other times he acts like a dick. I don't understand it. 

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

It was just an orange flavoured slightly crumbly chocolate bar. Don't really know what else to say apart from the hype was definitely not worth it.

Its just that - hype. People comment on social media that they like them and then newspapers run with it and try and make a thing out of it (its a perfect Metro article!) and then people buy boxes of them and try and flog them on ebay for £10 a bar like the charlatans they are while trying to make out they contain the golden ticket to get into Willy Wonka's factory! All bullshit. 

Just do what @troon_villan does.... eat a normal Twirl while sucking on a satsuma*!

I may be in a slight mood today! 

*set you up a treat there for a KW

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I've just remembered a time at school when a girl that was being bullied tricked her bully into eating a big slab of laxative chocolate. She was off school for two days. Makes me smile.

Are you getting confused with a StTrinians movie? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its just that - hype. People comment on social media that they like them and then newspapers run with it and try and make a thing out of it (its a perfect Metro article!) and then people buy boxes of them and try and flog them on ebay for £10 a bar like the charlatans they are while trying to make out they contain the golden ticket to get into Willy Wonka's factory! All bullshit. 

Just do what @troon_villan does.... eat a normal Twirl while sucking on a satsuma*!

I may be in a slight mood today! 

*set you up a treat there for a KW

Hump Day Grapefruit GIF by bjorn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â