Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Yes, it does.

Feel free to elaborate my friend.

I take your interpretation to be that blind optimism in circumstances whereby there is little to no scope for the desired outcome to come to pass serves no purpose? 

Accurate, or no?

Edited by A'Villan

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I just received an email at work from the guy who looks after all the Fruit and Vegetables in the warehouse asking for some Power bi stuff.

Kind regards,

Andy Appel

(Dutch spelling of Apple) 😆

Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to nominative determinism? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Recent? It was 28 years ago!

Its been slim picking as a Villa fan for the last 30 years! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Recent? It was 28 years ago!

As we were founded in 1874, i’d say 28 years ago is recent history for the club. Also, we’ve not had much to celebrate in the last 30 years.

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

Radio X played an old Oasis live concert earlier. Wembley 2000. 

Outstanding! 

Coincidentally I listened to it through my Amazon Echo whilst I worked today.

I went to both nights of that gig. Slept in my mates car in the Wembley car park so we didn’t have to pay 2 days parking :lol: 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

I went to both nights of that gig. Slept in my mates car in the Wembley car park so we didn’t have to pay 2 days parking :lol: 

I am so jealous. :(

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

Never got to see Oasis live but saw  both of them live as solo artists ... both were shit

sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of the parts I guess

1 hour ago, Genie said:

48 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I am so jealous. :(

I know, it sounds fun. I reckon the novelty would wear off after a few hours though and you probably wouldn’t get much leg room.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Never got to see Oasis live but saw  both of them live as solo artists ... both were shit

sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of the parts I guess

I’ve seen Liam live a couple of times and it’s ok, but his band are a bit shit still. I’ve not seen Noel live but he seems to have much better musicians and all round production.

I think the reason is down to the fact Liam almost went bust from pissing away all his money on drink, drugs, kids and divorces so was keeping his outgoings from being solo right down.

I saw Oasis 6 times back in the day and were pretty awesome (apart from a couple of shows where they were shit and clearly hated each other, just going through the motions of playing then getting off stage as quick as they could).

Even then it was a great night out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

I was front row too both nights. I’m all over the familiar to millions DVD.

We got in line early, had a few beers on the Wembley steps. When they opened the doors ran down for prime position halfway between Noel and Liam 😎

Excellent. At the old proper Wembley as well. 

I only saw them once live. MK Bowl Saturday July 9th 2005. Truth be told, Liam's voice was in its shit phase then. Was a good day though. Got there about 2pm, they didn't come on stage until 9pm... few decent support acts (Zutons were one). It was a scorcher of a day as well, I was as pink as a pig the next day. 

There was 4 of us, me and my mate and a couple of his mates I didn't know. We left MK at about 11pm and ended up at a late night fried chicken shop in Cheltenham at about 1am. Had some food before me and my mate were dropped off back at his place in the Herefordshire countryside about an hour later. For some reason I then drove back home... I remember seeing the signs on the motorway saying "Avoid Birmingham - major incident". This was 2 days after the July 7 London bombings so everyone was a bit edgy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4668313.stm

Thousands evacuated from Birmingham city centre faced "a real and very credible threat", West Midlands Chief Constable Paul Scott Lee has said.

Nearly 15 years ago to the day... where does time go?

Back to Oasis, for people of our generation, they were massive and such a huge part of our lives.

• Like 2

Â