Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

So, I’ve had to work away from home for the past 5 months but today is my last day!

Capped it off with an impromptu session that ended at 4am this morning in a basement tequila bar! 

Heading back to the southwest tomorrow to see the wife and kids and I’m very happy to do so. (Hopefully they’ll feel the same way :D)

Had no summer holiday with the family this year so heading to Croatia next weekend for a week! 

I have to say, I could’ve been in a lot worse places than Liverpool for the past few months and fortunate to catch some great live music (thanks too to @bickster for meeting up many times) 

Twas a pleasure, we had a blast! Enjoy the time away, you deserve more than a week!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Anyone good at photoshop with 5 mins to spare.  It's the one thing I have no clue at software wise.

I just need something cut out of a picture but I keep going over the lines and it's driving me mental.ta,

Have you tried the magnetic lasso tool?  Start somewhere around the bit you want to cut out, and sorta draw your selection over the edge of where you want to cut out and it'll automatically work out what to select for you - though it does rely on there being some "decent" definition between the bits you want to cut out.

1 minute ago, CardiffGreens said:

Have you tried the magnetic lasso tool?  Start somewhere around the bit you want to cut out, and sorta draw your selection over the edge of where you want to cut out and it'll automatically work out what to select for you - though it does rely on there being some "decent" definition between the bits you want to cut out.

I have not got photoshop,  trying with Gimp.  (The program,  not pulp fiction man)

12 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I have not got photoshop,  trying with Gimp.  (The program,  not pulp fiction man)

It appears GIMP has some similar functionality with its magic intelligent scissors - though the documentation seems slightly-worryingly-hefty with a bunch of caveats about pathing logic fails.

Edited by CardiffGreens
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Anyone good at photoshop with 5 mins to spare.  It's the one thing I have no clue at software wise.

I just need something cut out of a picture but I keep going over the lines and it's driving me mental.ta,

You know how this works. You post the picture and the VT artists will sort you out a treat. 

• Like 1

Just now, choffer said:

You know how this works. You post the picture and the VT artists will sort you out a treat. 

I can't really,  its my 5 yo granddaughter as a ninja😎.  I wanted to do like the Naked Gun "Nothing to see here"(where there is explosions in the background and stuff) type picture" but I need her cutting out so I can paste it (I think).

a man being stabbed top death is generally not a cause for happiness, however, in this case its bloody brilliant news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50042406

A British man jailed for numerous sex crimes against Malaysian children has been found stabbed to death in prison.

Richard Huckle, from Ashford, Kent, abused as many as 200 children.

In 2016, he was given 22 life sentences after admitting 71 charges of sex abuse of children aged between six months and 12 years, between 2006 and 2014.

It is understood he was attacked in his cell at Full Sutton Prison, near York, with what was described as a makeshift knife.

His trial at the Old Bailey in 2016 heard that investigators who checked his computer found more than 20,000 indecent pictures and videos of his assaults.

Hopefully they don't find who did it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Hopefully they don't find who did it.

I understand the sentiment. But for the sake of the innocent people that have to walk around that prison, and their families, let's hope they do find who did it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I understand the sentiment. But for the sake of the innocent people that have to walk around that prison, and their families, let's hope they do find who did it.

I thought it was interesting that in the BBC article they didn't comment on who might've done it, an investigation, arrests or alike.

Prison Officer: "so, who did it?

Prison Officer: "nobody wants to own up?"

Prison Governor: "not enough evidence, case closed".

On 14/10/2019 at 11:19, CardiffGreens said:

It appears GIMP has some similar functionality with its magic intelligent scissors - though the documentation seems slightly-worryingly-hefty with a bunch of caveats about pathing logic fails.

All good,  I have completed this task 🙂

I didn't know you could change the zoom when cutting around stuff (I thought you had to have the whole image in view or something to make it unnecessarily difficult for myself,  not sure why)

Nice one,  I am really please with the result. My grandaughter,  not so much 👍🏻

• Like 2

Only been back at work a couple of days and booked another fortnight off (in November). Looking forward to it already!

Will cover some more of the UK I think. Where to go this time....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Only been back at work a couple of days and booked another fortnight off (in November). Looking forward to it already!

Will cover some more of the UK I think. Where to go this time....

Hardest working man on VT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â