Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

There is some sort of betting syndicate thing in the office, I think its based on the national lottery - but isn't the lottery.

Anyway, I declined to join. It's gambling and I'm from solid methodist stock.

So far the winners have been:

May: cocked up in some way, all money rolled over in to June draw.

June: The boss's missus

July: The boss

August: The boss's daughter, whilst temping for 1 month in the office before going off to NZ

September results could see insurrection and regime change...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

:lol:  "No-one saw it coming.  He seemed so happy.  We're devastated.  He must've just snapped and jumped out the window."

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There is some sort of betting syndicate thing in the office, I think its based on the national lottery - but isn't the lottery.

Anyway, I declined to join. It's gambling and I'm from solid methodist stock.

So far the winners have been:

May: cocked up in some way, all money rolled over in to June draw.

June: The boss's missus

July: The boss

August: The boss's daughter, whilst temping for 1 month in the office before going off to NZ

Reminds me of years back, went to the work Christmas party. It was a combined thing with office and factory staff. All of the management were sat on 1 table. Someone went round selling raffle tickets, seems like nobody apart from them on that table had bought any. It was hilarious and awkward. After about 5 prizes it was like "no its ok, pick another ticket"... "its you again"... FFS...

Edited by Genie

On 05/09/2019 at 20:53, Xela said:

Just got to get through tomorrow and then I have next week off work.

Going to go away for a couple of days... was going to Kent for a week (some good ideas from @KentVillan) but that will probably be in November/December now when I have 2 weeks off. Will go somewhere local and relax for a bit. Perhaps Peak District or Staffs Moorlands. 

Ended up in the Wye Valley, not far from Ross-on-Wye. Hotel was by Goodrich Castle.

Lovely part of the UK. Fantastic scenery... plenty of hills and walks so @mjmooney would approve!

Went into Ross-on-Wye and Monmouth. Lunch in Symonds Yat one day, which had spectacular views. 

Back to reality now!

Edited by Xela

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Ended up in the Wye Valley, not far from Ross-on-Wye. Hotel was by Goodrich Castle.

Lovely part of the UK. Fantastic scenery... plenty of hills and walks so @mjmooney would approve!

I do. Been there many times. Still a bit tame compared to the north, mind. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

Had a superb chicken kiev for lunch at The Oakley Arms in Brewood, Staffordshire.

Now there is a sentence I never thought I would use!

Nice place, Brewood. My mate and his soon to be wife are moving there in the next month or so. I hear it’s a bit cliquey, it definitely takes itself rather seriously for things like the prestigious “best kept village” award.

Haven’t been to the Oakley but have heard decent things. Brunning & Price are a pretty solid pub chain.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Brunning & Price are a pretty solid pub chain

Best chain pub food going. Even though its not really a chain because every pub sets its own menu. We have one by us, its the only local place I go out to eat at

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Had a superb chicken kiev for lunch at The Oakley Arms in Brewood, Staffordshire.

Now there is a sentence I never thought I would use!

I am not mental or anything but Jim Lea of Slade lives in Brewood, its only my wife stopping me from sitting outside of his house. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

It’s still there, the one from 7 hours ago when she’s exercising.

It winks at you. 

strange how she decided to cut the one showing her squatting but kept that one

made me feel a proper perv...but in all honesty that girl needs a good feeding, obviously mr picky and all that but she's almost unattractively thin, the problem with money is its hard to know if its because she doesn't eat kebabs or because its she has the luxury of being able to spend 4 hours a day with a PT and has a personal chef 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I am not mental or anything but Jim Lea of Slade lives in Brewood, its only my wife stopping me from sitting outside of his house. 

Jimmy Lea went to my school (several decades before me). Never seen him out and about.

Dave Hill on the other hand...there was a point in my life that whenever I saw someone wearing a fedora or some such hat, I could bank on it being Dave Hill wearing it.

Â