Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

5 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I can't do no socks, partially  because of the look but partially because I feel like i'll ruin my shoes more quickly. But again, I probably sweat more than you guys because it's Australia.

That's why I don't do no socks with trainers. The type of material means they soak up the wet and end up stinking and/or ruined too quickly.

I only do no socks in loafers for a night out or dinner or something.

• Like 1

you get used to them

and to be fair im not too worried about ruining summer trainers with sweaty feet i buy cheap trainers, i cant get my head around north of £100 trainers that you will just kick about in, my summer white trainers are always 1 bad beer garden session away from being binned

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Now I don't mind a very occasional but of turbulence; it reminds me that I'm on a plane journey. Nothing more than the same sensation you get when you drive over a humped bridge a little too quickly and get the tingle in your guts. 

There is a little bridge on the way to Ventura Park from Sutton where if you go over at speed, your stomach goes in your mouth like a rollercoaster. I love it! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

There is a little bridge on the way to Ventura Park from Sutton where if you go over at speed, your stomach goes in your mouth like a rollercoaster. I love it! 

The one on the road that leads on to all those car showrooms ? That was the very bridge I had in mind when I posted earlier - spooky !

Not forgetting the one by the tame otter pub - shame it's a 30 mph zone 😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

The one on the road that leads on to all those car showrooms ? That was the very bridge I had in mind when I posted earlier - spooky !

Not forgetting the one by the tame otter pub - shame it's a 30 mph zone 😀

That's the one! Past the garden centre and the Audi garage is on the right when you go over it! :D

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the smells the battle but i cant do ankle socks they look stupid, they look like something that should be worn by someone in lonsdale trainers and three quarter length trousers

agree that the no sock look is better

Your all going about it the wrong way!

This is the standard to follow...

tumblr_inline_pdd8ab3w9Y1t8yszb_400.jpg

On 10/12/2018 at 15:00, ThunderPower_14 said:

I live in Australia so flip flops are basically summer footwear for 90% of the population.

I can't do no socks, partially  because of the look but partially because I feel like i'll ruin my shoes more quickly. But again, I probably sweat more than you guys because it's Australia.

I made that mistake when travelling round Oz wearing trainers with no socks.  **** me they stank within a couple of weeks.

17 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Lots of replies saying it's not that at all.

I mean everything knows true happiness looks like Jesus.

tenor.gif?itemid=11528626

That's why I didn't put it in the science thread! The whole fake thing was what cheered me up, 'tis amusing

• Like 1

Â