Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Couldn't decide if this was Piss You Off thread or Happy thread. But I try to be overly positive so here it is.

Been trying to buy a small crappy pair of stereo speakers, only £20 but the logistics are proving weirdly awkward. I don't have the time to go collect them, he won't post them and we appear to be in similar towns on the wrong days.

Like I say, not worth a special trip out for a £20 thing, but they'd be really handy and they fit my highly technical specification (small, in a wood veneer box).

Anyway, looks like I might be able to get someone else to pick them up, using their own money, which I've promised I'll cover, regardless of what non-working wood wormed piece of bought unseen crap he picks up for me.

• Like 3

On 13/07/2018 at 20:57, Mandy Lifeboats said:

A colleague produced a report which was needed to include the death rate in a particular postcode. 

His conclusion》

0.99' per person.

He probably used dead reckoning to reach that conclusion.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2018 at 00:42, Xela said:

Went into a bank today and had fantastic service. Too often banks get a bad rap for stuff done at a high level but the majority of 'boots on the ground' in branches just want to do a good job.

At least they've stopped trying to sell you lots of different types of insurance when you're simply paying in £20 to cover a bill but they now seem to be very keen for you to announce all of your answers to 'security questions' to everyone else who's in the bank.

I have to say my experience of 'boots on the ground' is very much different to the one off you appear to have had. Largely piss poor where you can still find them.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

@VILLAMARV's recent discovery of how to post gifs on VT :) 

Needs to be mindful of the quantity/quality balance, though.  With apparently so much time available to curate the collection, it can be tempting to overdo it.   8 out of 10.

15 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Needs to be mindful of the quantity/quality balance, though.  With apparently so much time available to curate the collection, it can be tempting to overdo it.   8 out of 10.

An 80% cheering you up rate, I can live with :thumb: 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

The joy when I found an empty toilet cubicle earlier as I was genuinely on the verge of shitting myself.

I went out for a walk with a mate at lunchtime and about a third of the way through our circuit I starting getting stomach cramps. I did a mental bowel risk assessment and told my pal I needed to get back to the office. The 5 min walk back was agony... similar to that scene in trainspotting, except I wasn't on a skag comedown. I got into the basement of the work building via the side entrance and headed for the basement cubicle as that is usually empty as only the post room workers use it. Got in and the one cubicle was occupied. I literally yelped like a puppy that has been trod on. I now had to shuffle to the lifts... couldn't use the stairs as I was clenching my buttocks together... the lift took ages,  I was covered in a sheen of cold sweat... finally it came and in its ponderous way, made the short journey to the ground floor visitors bogs. I waddled in and there was 1 empty cubicle, with the other 2 occupied. I didn't care if there was no paper or if the seat was going to be covered in piss, I had to go! Luckily it was reasonably clean and I had arguably the most satisfying dump in memory!

**** this bowel disease 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Xela said:

The joy when I found an empty toilet cubicle earlier as I was genuinely on the verge of shitting myself.

I went out for a walk with a mate at lunchtime and about a third of the way through our circuit I starting getting stomach cramps. I did a mental bowel risk assessment and told my pal I needed to get back to the office. The 5 min walk back was agony... similar to that scene in trainspotting, except I wasn't on a skag comedown. I got into the basement of the work building via the side entrance and headed for the basement cubicle as that is usually empty as only the post room workers use it. Got in and the one cubicle was occupied. I literally yelped like a puppy that has been trod on. I now had to shuffle to the lifts... couldn't use the stairs as I was clenching my buttocks together... the lift took ages,  I was covered in a sheen of cold sweat... finally it came and in its ponderous way, made the short journey to the ground floor visitors bogs. I waddled in and there was 1 empty cubicle, with the other 2 occupied. I didn't care if there was no paper or if the seat was going to be covered in piss, I had to go! Luckily it was reasonably clean and I had arguably the most satisfying dump in memory!

**** this bowel disease 

if only you had live tweeted it!  That's how we share our most intimate personal moments these days, not posting on a fan forum.  So 2000's!  Now excuse me while I go lance a boil.  Can't decide between twitter or instagram, though...

6 hours ago, il_serpente said:

if only you had live tweeted it!  That's how we share our most intimate personal moments these days, not posting on a fan forum.  So 2000's!  Now excuse me while I go lance a boil.  Can't decide between twitter or instagram, though...

I'm old school - I like the anonymity a forum provides when serialising my faecal chronicles. 

On 24/07/2018 at 19:18, Xela said:

**** this bowel disease 

Fully know and understand this, the dogs had to have a shorter walk, as I had the same feelings, it was either a shorter walk or jump into the trees at the park, aka Shitbreak in American Pie.

Â