Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well, I'm sure it's it the Running thread somewhere, but what the hell... 

Dewsbury 10k, 2007. I'm chugging along at about the 8k mark, and starting to feel tired. My legs are telling me to slow down, and my brain is listening. Suddenly, I notice the most beautifully formed derriere ahead of me, so I speed up a little, and pull up alongside to see if she's more than a "1664". And I recognise supermodel Nell McAndrew (I knew she was a keen runner). I look at her, she looks at me, and I start to feel like a stalker, so I decide to run ahead. She accelerates and catches up. I look. She looks. I accelerate. She accelerates. By now, I've forgotten I'm tired, and we're properly racing - all the way to the line, which I cross just ahead of her - with a new P.B. We had a chat about our dingdong battle, and agreed it gave us both better times than we were expecting. My mates at the running club later said I was the only bloke that would run away from her! 

Screenshot_20180710-080043.png

That's a great story, but I can't enjoy it fully because I'm jealous of your time. ?

Now you're going to tell me you've got a better time since..?

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

That's a great story, but I can't enjoy it fully because I'm jealous of your time. ?

....Since he chased some model up the road?

I don't think so :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Wish I could, but no. At 53, that was my high water mark. I was hoping to get a sub-40 at some point, but as VillaMarv suggests, no more performance-enhancing women were available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got next week off work. A much needed rest. First time I have had more than 1 or 2 days off since last year.

Can't wait to just relax and potter about!

• Like 1

On 16/07/2018 at 14:22, BOF said:

I just inadvertently used a blocked loo and have created something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

The flush broke on one of our bogs at work last week. Didn't stop about 5 people (estimate) compounding an already messy situation by adding 'toppings' to the mess left in the pan. 

It resembled a chocolate fudge cake topped with oxtail soup. ?

• Haha 3

Went into a bank today and had fantastic service. Too often banks get a bad rap for stuff done at a high level but the majority of 'boots on the ground' in branches just want to do a good job. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Went into a bank today and had fantastic service. Too often banks get a bad rap for stuff done at a high level but the majority of 'boots on the ground' in branches just want to do a good job. 

Are there any left ? They closed both Erdington Natwest branches and Sutton has no handy parking . I've gone back to using the gaps in the back of the settee like in the 80's.

Â