Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Cole was really bad today though and he didn't get much service.

I like Clark, but I can't see him looking as good when we play teams that put us under more pressure, he's too young and inexperienced and needs to beef up a bit. I'm not critcising him, he looks like being a very good CB, it's just i think Cuellar and Collins are stronger atm.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delighted for Clark. Did himself and the Villa proud.

Think it might be a little early to have him replacing Carlos or Collins just yet though. I fear that the likes of Drogba would tear him a new arse. Should definitely start in all cup/Europa matches though.

Great to see that Ciaran's magnificent performance today has not been over looked by many fans today due to the brilliance of Albrighton's display.

I know many fans are comparing Ciaran to the young Gareth Barry but for me, certainly judging him on his 2 immense performances against Fulham last season & West Ham today he is surely more like (whisper it) Paul McGrath (God)

Yes I know that's some statement but in both matches he has been superb. Not just first to the ball, but sometimes YARDS first to the ball. He made Cole look like a mug. His reading of the game & positional sense shows a real footballing brain ticking overtime.

Did he misplace a pass today! If so I can't remember one & oh what composure on the ball. Also unlike Barry this boy has mobility.

All that said I want to see how he performs when we play away from home & serious questions are being asked of our defence. In truth Fulham & West Ham offered little in both games.

The real acid tests will be against the Premiership elite but certainly from what I have seen so far this kid has a bright future & as some one stated earlier he could well go on to Captain England.

I'll drink to that.

Cole was really bad today though and he didn't get much service.

I like Clark, but I can't see him looking as good when we play teams that put us under more pressure, he's too young and inexperienced and needs to beef up a bit. I'm not critcising him, he looks like being a very good CB, it's just i think Cuellar and Collins are stronger atm.

Yes he was, because of Clark, not despite.

Very impressed with what I've seen of him, looks really composed and can pick a good pass too. He hasn't had much to do in the two games he's played, but dealt with his responsibility well.

Captained the England u-19's didn't he? Future Villa captain perhaps.

May aswell say it here too. Anyone still have any doubts?

We saw the future today. And it looked bright at both ends of the field.

Agreed BOF, if posters doubt Clark because they've only watched him twice then let me set your minds at rest, he is that good each time he plays. He can also be "Laursen like" at set pieces. I would be writing out very long contracts for both Ciaran and Marc if I were Randy.

Agreed BOF, if posters doubt Clark because they've only watched him twice then let me set your minds at rest, he is that good each time he plays. He can also be "Laursen like" at set pieces. I would be writing out very long contracts for both Ciaran and Marc if I were Randy.

Well he does play against reserves. I know he looks good but I don't want to get carried away with the young players, if he plays against a top half team I think he may struggle but there's only one way to find out....

Well he does play against reserves. I know he looks good but I don't want to get carried away with the young players, if he plays against a top half team I think he may struggle but there's only one way to find out....

You would have had the opportunity to make up your mind by now if squad rotation had been used sensibly CV. We may even have finished in fourth place as well. :winkold:

Â