Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheSufferingVilla

Ciaran Clark

Recommended Posts

I do not expect him to go on and have a similar career to the last academy defender we sold for 5m

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Richard said:

I do not expect him to go on and have a similar career to the last academy defender we sold for 5m

If things went his way and he ended up at a top premier league club at some point in the future I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, obanken said:

YES! One problem which we have moved to the Newcastle fans, so tired of this Clark/Clarke- thing :) Good luck Geordies :)

Have you met our Assistant Manager Steve Clark(e)?

Edited by Rodders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael118 said:

If things went his way and he ended up at a top premier league club at some point in the future I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

I think what Richard is saying is that he doesn't expect him to end up at a top Premier League club.  That's the point.

Although if I was mischievous I might say that captaining his country seems a distinct possibility :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael118 said:

If things went his way and he ended up at a top premier league club at some point in the future I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

he's 27. I think he has had his time at a top permiership club ,  he is now going backwards in his career trajectory

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Richard said:

he's 27. I think he has had his time at a top permiership club ,  he is now going backwards in his career trajectory

Personally I thought he was about to hit his peak when the rug was pulled from under his feet. It wouldn't take much for him to get back there and who know what is possible from there if things go his way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

If things went his way and he ended up at a top premier league club at some point in the future I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Neither would I.

I'd be utterly bewildered.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Personally I thought he was about to hit his peak when the rug was pulled from under his feet. 

What gave you that impression? He's gone backwards over the last 18 months after a spell of looking decent for approximately 5 games in 4 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted we're getting £5m for him as every game is a nervy one when he's playing.

That being said he always gave everything for the shirt, which is a hell of a lot more than can be said for certain players with far more natural ability than him but who ended up looking every bit as weak on the pitch week in, week out.

Best of luck to him. Hope the move works out well

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What gave you that impression? He's gone backwards over the last 18 months after a spell of looking decent for approximately 5 games in 4 years. 

I thought he was coming into himself at CB in 13/14 alongside Okore when Lambert split them up to reintroduce Baker. Then Sherwood came in with Richards and Lescott and he hasn't looked the same player since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The goal at Tottenham away in the first two minutes where his defending was not worth 5 million... let alone 1 million. Good riddance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I thought he was coming into himself at CB in 13/14 alongside Okore when Lambert split them up to reintroduce Baker. Then Sherwood came in with Richards and Lescott and he hasn't looked the same player since. 

So what's he done in the three years since then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

So what's he done in the three years since then?

That's meant to be 14/15 and his last match alongside Okore was late in the season so it's been just over a year.

Like I said he hasn't looked like the same player since and has done very little but it wouldn't take much for him to get back there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael118 said:

That's meant to be 14/15 and his last match alongside Okore was late in the season so it's been just over a year.

Like I said he hasn't looked like the same player since and has done very little but it wouldn't take much for him to get back there.

It was the end of 2014 because Lambert was still in charge and wasn't it Vlaar that he brought back in ahead of Clark? Either way, Clark has done sweet FA for at least 20 months soo.... :wave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 year deal. Masochists.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â