Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

^

Love the way he urges Delph on as well. Give him the armband if we go down.

I like the fact he's starting to be tougher on the pitch. I have always ought we have lacked a bit of toughness on the pitch. I also like the fact he stands up for his team mates, like when Okore was fouled. Ok, he got sent off, but that aggression to protect and stand up for your team mates is good. He has had patchy form before, but he is playing better this season. Is his contract due yet? I'd bin Vlaar and focus on Clarke and Okore as CB with Baker and Senderos as back-up.

STOP

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought his time at the club was up but he has shown some real improvement this season.

It's this kind of commitment I'd rather see than watching players with their hands on their hips waiting for things to happen. He is the least of our problems.

HilariousFakeEarthworm.gif

I agree...look at Westwood just trotting back. Without Clarke getting stuck him, he would have been straight in on goal

I thought his time at the club was up but he has shown some real improvement this season.

It's this kind of commitment I'd rather see than watching players with their hands on their hips waiting for things to happen. He is the least of our problems.

HilariousFakeEarthworm.gif

I agree...look at Westwood just trotting back. Without Clarke getting stuck him, he would have been straight in on goal

I think Westwood there epitomises our play under Lambert, no urgency whatsoever.

Was about to say would love to see stats from his performance tonight. He's becoming a top draw defender and I imagine teams using opta and all manners of data collection are beginning to see Clark at the level he is as an individual this season and not the team he is playing in.

• Like 1

I've been very critical of him in the past but he's been brilliant in recent times. Just goes to show that you shouldn't write off players too soon. Fair play to him.

Easily player of the season for me. Hugely improved. Rock solid.

Agreed, he just cleans opposition players out of his way. Looked like he won every header.  I'd love to see him paired up with Senderos.

Senderock and Concrete Clark!!

Â